Eating clean for Halloween – 4 week challenge ending 31 October???

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Okay, so my OH’s day 1 didn’t turn out quite BSD, he decided that although he is going to drink less wine he is going to cut down to only a bottle a night! He’s a six footer so gets away with it a lot better than me, but I would have thought it is bound to sabotage the loss of visceral fat significantly. Still, he isn’t diabetic and considering they are checking his bloods every six months and have been doing for over 20 years it isn’t that he just hasn’t been diagnosed either. He is on tablets for high blood pressure though and knows what to look out for if his blood pressure drops too much. It is beautifully normal at the moment with the tablets. He has lost 2 pounds since starting, so maybe this will work well for him.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

And now down to 11 stone 0.4 so 7.2 pounds down in about half a week. Definitely water! Those evil carbs that had been creeping back into my diet must have been hanging on to the stuff like nobodies business. My comfort zone is back in touching distance which is reassuring, but I won’t stop until I have my wiggle room back and my OH has lost some of his excess. He did say this morning that after less than a week of this he was already feeling lighter and better, so some thing’s are clearly working.

• posted by soapbox
    on

Wow Mixmatch you are having a great week and roping your husband in too must make it so much easier to meal plan etc.

I had a mid week weigh in and am very happy with the results!

Progress so far is:
    Start of challenge 13 6
    6/10 13 4
    10/10 13 5
    17/10 13 3
    21/10 13 1

The 12’s are within touching distance and with a following wind I should get there by the end of this challenge!

My husband and I are off to Champneys for a couple of nights and despite being a health farm I never find them good at all for low carbing – still way too much focus on low fat! So I shall have to be careful not to overdo the carbs!

Hope all of you are having a great weekend!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Daughter and family are up from Kent. The police contacted her today to say that the dog that attacked her and killed her little dog in Bromley high street has been seized. Luckily – when police tweeted a picture of the dog and its owner on Twitter someone recognised them.

Am worried about daughter – she is really tired and run down. The building work on her house is taking so long and should have been finished weeks ago.

• posted by Marsie
    on

KrysiaD, good that there might be some resolution of the dog attack issue. Such a shame for your daughter it’s taken so long and that the owner had to be outed. And building/renovations can be very stressful, especially when they drag on. (I say this with feeling😤) It seems there are layers of stress for daughter at the moment, and our children are always our children, aren’t they…..I’m sure the stay with you, her lovely mother, will give her some respite.

Good going, soapbox, augers well for weekly weigh-in☺

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Marsie – you are right, there are layers of stress for daughter at the moment and our children will always be our children.

The police were very slow in asking the public if they recognised the dog and the owner. As RSPCA Bromley said on their Facebook page – the dog could go on to kill another dog or attack a child so it is so good that a member of the public contacted the police and identified the owner.

Daughter had a bit of a melt down last night. She went past the speed camera in our village at 35 miles an hour so will probably get a speeding ticket – which I think tipped her over the edge. She went to bed in tears. As an emotional eater – I immediately went to the cupboard and ate a little 15g bar of 70% Divine chocolate that I had been saving for Christmas. I did manage to stop at the one bar though. Hopefully – after a good night’s sleep she will feel better.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

More news on the dog. Police had left a message on daughter’s phone yesterday to say the dog had been seized. They phoned and spoke to her today. They think the owner had been spooked by all the publicity and had absconded – abandoning his dog without food or water. He is on the run. The dog is in the police kennels and is in a very bad way. The dog will be destroyed for the attack on daughter’s little dog and the owner will be charged for owning an out of control dangerous dog and also for dog cruelty for abandoning it. They say they will throw the book at him when they catch him.

We are hoping to have a more relaxed day tomorrow – visiting the Sea Life Centre at Hunstanton and maybe Oxburgh Hall – if we have time. Food has been ok – but only just.

• posted by Verano
    on

Krysia what a mess! Hopefully they will catch the guy but let’s hope today is far less stessful for you all. Don’t worry too much about food it will all take care of itself over time.

Food has been a bit of an issue for me these last few days but hey I know what has to be done so just have to do it. I’m away at the moment but from tomorrow I will be back on track. Getting out the calendar to work out a few ‘dates’ in the future to set goals for. Hope everyone is still on track and will be reporting good losses tomorrow, or at the very least ‘reporting’ no matter what!

• posted by topcac
    on

HI All

All I can say about this dog business is poor dog. Despite what it’s done, a dog’s behaviour is a direct result of their owners irresponsibility in training it and bringing it up. Because of that owner, the dog will now die, and has been suffering terribly – it’s disgusting. Sorry if that’s a bit controversial and I am glad that it’s getting sorted. The owner should be put down too!

Anyway, I am in sunny Pittsburgh and yesterday I went to a football game which was utterly bonkers but great fun. I just about managed to avoid the nachos, pretzels, hotdogs, beer and wine but I did allow myself a couple of vodka and tomato juices (heavy on the tabasco). The rest of the trip so far has gone slightly Pete Tong on the food front, but I did manage a 24 hours fast on Saturday which was completely unintentional, and considering I walked 12 miles on that day I felt OK. Only trouble was that I was taken to an Italian restaurant in the evening and ended up breaking my fast on pasta. What was I thinking!! It didn’t give me the carb spike I was expecting and I tried to get right back on it yesterday morning..then the game happened and ….oh well, you get the picture.

The rest of the week is in the office so much calmer, I have bought some cheese and meat and yoghurt and berries for lunches / breakfasts so hopefully can salvage something.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow, I will not be able to partake as I have no scales – I’m thinking maybe that’s a good thing!!!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

What a terribly sad story KrysiaD regarding the attack dog and it’s disgusting/criminal owner. I’m glad they got the dog and I’m with Topcac, they should put the owner down too.
    I hope your daughter is feeling a bit better — I know how you worry about them! Mine are 32 and 35 and I still worry! if we are lucky we will get to enjoy them until they are as old as we are now and we will STILL worry!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Californiagirl and Topcac – I agree that the real villain is the disgusting/criminal owner. I did feel a little sad for the dog being left without food or water – but cannot say so to daughter because she cannot forgive it for the pain inflicted on little Ruby – or forget Ruby’s screams as she was fatally wounded.

Californiagirl – it is so true – your children are still your children no matter how old they are you still worry about them.

We had a lovely day at Sea Life Hunstanton. We then went on to Oxburgh Hall.

Verano – have had a very good food day today because I was not at all hungry and just had coffee for lunch and will shortly have a roast pork salad.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

A disappointing 0.6 lb gain on the scale this morning! Can’t tell you how bad that made me feel! Had a kettle chip blow out last week but hoped I’d pulled things back since then. Back to basics again for me this week. Can’t achieve my 5lb loss this challenge now but will go for it this week and aim for at least 1lb off. Hope everyone else has had a better week than me and feels better about themselves than I do this morning! Not defeated just very disappointed. See you next week with a hopefully more positive post!!!!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello ClarinetCathy – I am also disappointed as it shows I have gained a pound! Waiting for the whoosh! I must stick at this and give it all I’ve got in the last week of the challenge.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Cathy, try not to be disappointed in yourself – by now you know that losses are not linear and you may well find that that very small (and it IS very small) gain has disappeared by tomorrow, possibly even taking a wee bit extra with it. Keep going, you’ll get there.

Same to you Baristagirls. Our weights can fluctuate all the time – few ounces up one day, a pound down the next, or vice versa. That’s just normal water fluctuations and nothing to get hung up about – though easier said than done, I know!

I’ve been away staying in hotels since last Wednesday and had managed to gain a whole 5lbs😨 so down to only 2lbs wriggle room! I’ve stuck to low carb (apart from a croissant and a Danish at breakfast one morning 😱) but had wine (too much) every evening. By yesterday I was feeling so bloated and lethargic that I threw in a 24 hour water only fast, resulting in a 3.6lbs drop on the scales today, which just proves it was only water as there is no way anyone could lose that amount of fat in one day! But happy to have almost 6lbs wriggle room back and feeling much more comfortable and energetic today, looking forward to my morning yoghurt and ready to contemplate our last night away dinner this evening!! May fast again tomorrow as we’ll be travelling most of the day and there will be no food in the house when we get home!

Looking forward to hearing everyone else’s results – can’t believe there’s only one week left of this challenging 😜

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

I’m also slightly up, 9st 2 this morning so only a quarter of a pound higher than last Tues.
    I did have a bit of a cheese fest yesterday but the rest of the week have been eating well, I even had a mini fast – nothing to eat after dinner one evening until dinner the following evening.
    Will keep on keeping on and hopefully lose a pound this last week!

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’m up 200g this week but that’s after being down 800g, up 1.4kg and back down 600g. As I foretold, a big social weekend paid havoc with my eating… and drinking! Oh well, one more week.

• posted by Busybee
    on

I have lost half a pound which I am more than happy with as my very best friend celebrated her 70th birthday this week and it was a whole week of celebrations!
    Back on track again and keeping on one day at a time.
    X B

on

A week of ups and downs for us this week. One week everyone to do our very best in the Halloween 🎃 challenge. After this morning’s disappointing weigh in I am feeling quite focused to try really hard this week so that I can feel good on the scales next week. I’ve just been trying on clothes as we are going to Washington for Christmas to stay with my eldest son who is working there for the next few months. I felt quite pleased with myself as I looked ok in the dresses I tried on and it reminded me that this time last year I ordered two Joe Browns dresses in size 18 to wear at Christmas. The clothes I was wearing half an hour ago were size 10!

If we losers knuckle down for the next few weeks we could all be a few pound lighter for Christmas and if the maintainers keep maintaining they will be in their zone for Christmas to allow a little lee way for a few days indulgence over Christmas. whatever happens between now and then, we are all lighter than we were this time last year!

Feeling very inspired for the coming week and the weeks ahead. We need to be thinking about a new title for the next challenge everyone……..

• posted by Verano
    on

ClarinetCathy you are so right about all being lighter than this time last year. Well done on your very much reduced dress size … brilliant.

I have really suffered by not joining this challenge. Not that I have gained much but I have definitely lost my motivation, hence my little 4 week challenge to get me back on track before my holiday. It’s so dangerous not to keep on top of lapses.

Good luck to everyone for your last week …… make it a good one and make it count! Probably see you on the next challenge because I’m not sure that I’ll ever get used to a Wednesday weigh in rather than my 50 year old Tuesday slot!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well said, Cathy. We have all done so well, not least because we are still here, still taking control of our health. Not only are we all lighter, we are all consequently healthier too.

To drop from a size 18 to a 10 in 10 short months is an amazing achievement. Your son won’t recognise you when he picks you up at the airport 😉 maybe you should arrange to carry a rolled up newspaper and wear a red rose so he can pick you out in the crowd 😜

One more week to keep eating clean, so keep on keeping on everyone.

PS I’m waving my pompoms at you, Verano, so no more excuses 😉 (in the nicest possible way😜)

• posted by Verano
    on

Theodora … you make me smile … thank you so much x

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, I am still away but noticed the posts about dogs, one a dog rescuing goats!!!! Now about a dog attacking – well I was saved by a dog. Yes; I went to Thorntons and bought a bag of dark chocolate coated gingers, took them back to daughters, heard a snuffling sound coming from our bedroom and there is her boyfriends dog eating my chocolate. Fortunately he hadn’t had enough to do him any harm but it certainly made him hyper all night and saved me from eating them.

See u all next week.

• posted by Theodora
    on

So pleased I raised a smile, Verano.

Funnily enough, Esnecca called me a cheerleader way back in March and. ……If the cap fits, as they say😜

At the time I did respond by saying I know that some people see it (my cheerfulness combined with my bossiness) as a b****y annoying trait, so just say the word if you’d prefer me to back off😨

S-g, your dog story made me laugh 😃

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done to everyone who has lost this week. I’ve had a very small loss of 200g, so now very doubtful that I’ll reach this challenge goal, which is still another 2.6kg away.
    I wrote in another thread about how I had decided to “restart” and attempt to do another 8 weeks BSD from this week so we’ll see how that goes.
    Well done Cathy on fitting into a size 10 – that really is amazing 🙂
    I’ have an idea for the next challenge title – “Remember, remember, low carbs for November”.
    Then I guess after that we’ll have a Xmas themed one! Where has the year gone?

• posted by Verano
    on

Absolutely not Theodora…. just keep waving those pom poms!!!

on

Sue- well done on your loss and good luck for your 8 week restart – perfectly timed to lose a few more pounds before Christmas. I love your suggestion for the November challenge title!

Verano – will be good to have you back with us again.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have really enjoyed reading today’s posts. ClarinetCathy – I think you really will have to carry a sign with your name on so your son will recognize you. Size 18 to size 10 is an amazing drop in sizes.

I had a lovely girly day out in Norwich with daughter and 9 year old granddaughter. We found a stunning party dress in Zara for granddaughter. We had almost given up hope of finding something really nice. Had a perfect BSD lunch in Giraffe and I even remembered to ask for the sauce in a little jug on the side. I was really pleased that I remembered as I don’t always.

Weigh in today was exactly the same as last week.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Good one SueBlue – I was sitting there yesterday with remember November in my head but couldn’t successfully apply it!

• posted by Verano
    on

ClarinetCathy your post made me look back in my daily weight journal and I am actually exactly 30lbs lighter than this day last year! I know without these boards and challenges I would definitely have put back on, not just that weigh,t but maybe all my lost weight. So it’s with renewed enthusiasm that I start on my next short journey. It’s amazing how just the odd word or reminder here and there can boost morale again. Thank you for making me look back.

S-g dark chocolate ginger, especially Thorntons, were my absolutely favourite chocolate of all time! Last Christmas my daughter bought me some Hotel Chocolat gingers but they weren’t a patch on Thorntons and so I only tried one. We just have to make sacrifices some time!!! Glad the dog saved you from yourself and that he’s ok. Enjoy the rest of your stay. See you next week.

Great title SueBlue!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Yesterday’s weigh in was 11 stone 1.0, but with some relaxing over the weekend that is not too bad, 6.6 pounds off in the week after hitting my trigger weight last week. One more week to go to try to make it back into my comfort zone, before possibly more drastic measures in November 😁

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Everyone,

Oops, I’m a day late for the weigh-in. This week I’ve lost 4lbs which brings me down to 11 stone. Oddly, I’ve got mixed feelings about this. One more pound and I’ll be in the 10’s – wow, can’t remember when! But, I’ve now lost 10lb since the beginning of this challenge – in fact in less than 3 weeks. That hasn’t happened since I started in August. I’ve also been feeling quite drained – not full of energy as I have been up to now. I might need to re-think the 20g carbs/800 cals going forward.

Lots of positives, though. My blood sugars are good – I get the odd quirk, but they’re generally good. I’ve been making some delicious home-made soups, which I love. (Pea soup and Roasted Broccoli and Cheese soup – both recipes off here). Also, I’ve brought back into my wardrobe and I’m wearing some clothes I haven’t got into for years – and I’m wearing them now as I know in six months they’ll be too big for me! Whoo-hoo !!!

Mixed results yesterday I know but I’m so full of admiration for everyone on here, and lots of others on this Forum, just for sticking with it. Good luck everyone for this last week.

SueBlue – I agree with the others – a great name for the next challenge.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello – I forgot to post on this thread last week, although I did on another one… I’m now 17.5 and was 17.9 when we started this October challenge. My rather overly ambitious 9 lbs target loss for this month is very unlikely, but you never know, we have a week to go and I’m having a couple of fast days, which I’m new at! I’m away overnight with friends on Saturday but the girls at least are keen to have a BSD meal on Saturday night and BSD breakfast Sunday, so my only “problem” will be wine on Saturday night. I intend to have spritzers to pad things out! I’ll then have a clear November!

I also agree, excellent name for the November challenge!

• posted by Verano
    on

marie123 that’s amazing! It just shows that when you follow the rules it does work. There have been so many positives for you it’s just a shame that you’re feeling drained. It could be nothing to do with the low carbs but you could always increase them gradually if you feel the need. Every ‘body’ reacts differently to this WOE so just listen to yours and you’ll find the right balance in the end.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I knew you would remember the ginger conversation we had last year Verano. Another little anecdote: went to Boots to buy some Ketone sticks and, after quizzing me about my whole life refused to sell them to me and then she said they didn’t sell them and I should try Superdrug – like surely they are more of a light pharmacy selling mainly toiletries and makeup. Anyway I ordered some from Amazon and got them the next day. Stuff Boots with their Spanish inquisition.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g once a ginger addict always a ginger addict! My only ginger fix now is the occasional, very occasional, Nairn’s stem ginger oat biscuit, but it’s a very poor substitute for chocolate gingers!

Didn’t realise you use Ketone sticks. It’s something I’ve not considered I don’t think I’d know his to get myself into ketosis. Maybe I should!

on

Have decided to have an impromptu fast today. Will aim for 42 hours which I’ve done a couple of times and found beneficial. Will just drink black coffee, water and fruit tea until lunchtime tomorrow. I’ve done a couple of longer fasts and found them to be useful when the scales are stubborn and I know the health benefits are good so whilst I am feeling positive think I will go with it and give my body a boost! I’ve felt that the Halloween challenge has been a positive one for me and it has made me refocus and go back to basics with the plan. Hoping to lose another pound or so to get me within a hairs breadth of my goal of a healthy BMI.

Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Good for you, Cathy.

I’ll be your fast buddy if you like? Overindulged a bit last evening (out for a “last night” dinner, had wine AND ICECREAM – 3 SCOOPS😱) so really not hungry this morning and will be travelling most of the day, so won’t get the chance to eat. No food at home, as been away for 8 days, until I go shopping tomorrow, so guess mine will be a similar length to your own. So let’s cheer each other on – getting to be a dab hand with my pompoms (see Verano’s refocusing thread)😜

By the sounds of things, you’ll be joining us on the maintainers’ thread very soon. Looking forward to welcoming you there 😃

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’m fasting for the next few days too. Last meal was yesterday early dinner around 5 or so. I plan to go straight through until early dinner Saturday when I’ll be treating my parents to a steak at a restaurant they only go to once a year on my father’s birthday because he has a coupon, bless him. That means I’ll be breaking the extended fast with filet mignon (my favorite return-to-food meal) cooked on a proper grill (that I don’t have) by someone who is not me. I’m so looking forward to the break from thinking about and making food followed by a sumptuous low carb repast.

We can all three be fast buddies!

on

Theodora- I will be joining you on the maintainers thread very, very soon. The irony is that I’ve been maintaining most of the summer but just not at goal! I am so looking forward to being at goal and then working on some infamous wrIggle or is it wiggle room. I am going to aim for 3lb under my goal which I reckon is doable and hopefully before Christmas.

Esnecca – you’re doing an extra long fast with me and Theodora – Feels psychologically reassuring to know we are doing this all together. I am fasting until lunchtime tomorrow from teatime last night so I reckon about 42 hours. If I am doing ok at that point I might try going a little longer. I will be at work tomorrow so it could go either way. I do find the longer I go, the easier it is so it might be possible for me to do 48 hours. My tummy is already rumbling so I’ve just had licorice and peppermint tea. Its a mental thing for me and I know I can do it and the benefits are good. It proves to me that we’ve all eaten far too much in the past.

Good luck to all of us who are fasting and all those who are eating- keep clean for Halloween 🎃 everyone!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’ve come to love the tummy rumbles. I don’t get the kind that really hurt, the ones that feel like a cramp, anymore and even the more active gurgles feel more like, I don’t know… Exercise? You’re right that it’s totally a mental thing. A shift in perspective can dramatically alter your physical reality.

I hope you can make it to 48 hours just because it’s such a satisfying number, but in terms of BG and insulin levels the 42-hour mark is a big one so it’s all good either way. Keep pounding that delicious tea! I drink fennel tea all the time when I’m fasting. Water infused with that anise flavor really does give you a sense you’ve eaten something.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Wow Esnecca, that’s a long one. Have no doubt you’ll manage it though. Mine will only be about 40 hours I suspect, but I’ll see how I feel. Really don’t want to lose any more weight though (5lbs under target atm), only really doing it on this occasion through force of circumstance, but quite enjoy the hollow feeling and the sense of control it gives me. And after 8 days of over-indulgence, it certainly won’t do me any harm.

I’m on the road at the moment – approx another 3 hours to go. Sadly my water consumption is a tad down as don’t want to keep being forced into taking comfort breaks – if there is one thing that annoys o/h (who is driving) it’s that 😱

Good luck to you both, it’s lovely to know we’re all doing it together.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good luck with your fasting girls. Wish I could join you but I think I may have to try going from dinner day 1 to lunch day 2 first!

I have a lovely little book called Mindset: What Positive Thinking Can Do: 101 Ways ….. by Michael Austin Jacobs. It was recommended by someone on the forums but I can’t remember who. Anyway it came into it’s own today when I got really agitated about somebody else’s really poor behaviour. I solved my anger with two digestives but then I remembered the book on my kindle and that saved me from my self destruct mode. It has some lovely ‘positive’ ideas. Today this saved me ‘Trying to understand other people’s thought process will only leave you frustrated and confused. Focus on yourself and all will fall into place ‘. It stopped they rot and I’m now back on track!

Have a good and safe fast.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Theadora, Esnecca, Clarinetcathy – I am so impressed with your fasting. I have ever only managed a 16hr fast.

Was at the Eye Clinic this afternoon – everything absolutely ok – no diabetic macular oedema. The Consultant said that as long as my blood sugars stay ok my eyes will stay ok also. I feel very lucky and very happy.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oh, what fantastic news, Krysia. So happy for you – you must be thrilled.

Verano and Krysia, fasting is truly not that difficult, once you get your head round it. It’s all in the mind and, Verano, you proved today what is powerful tool that is (well done), just need to learn to harness it.

Stuck in HUGE traffic jam, so my poor bladder will have to hang on even longer 😱Dying of thirst too – not used to not being able to drink my water but, though I have plenty with me, daren’t drink it😱

on

Verano – thank you for sharing your lovely little book with us- I’ve just downloaded it for my kindle! I think i will find it very helpful as I really do want to become a lot more positive in my outlook on life. In fact, that is going to be my New Year Resolution because I won’t need to do the usual one “go on a diet”!

Krysia – great news from you Ophthalmologist. Diabetic related eye diseases are not good. What a lot of benefits following BSD has had for many of us.

• posted by Verano
    on

Great news Krysia just more proof that we have to keep on keeping on ……

ClarinetCathy it is good isn’t it. I keep dipping in and out at moments of stress but think I should use it more regularly. Isn’t it wonderful that none of us are going to have to say our resolution for 2018 is …. going on a diet … that phrase is out of our vocabulary!

Theodora hope the bladder held/holds out! Yes it is a case of mind over matter and I will try to go for at least 15 hours overnight. I know that doesn’t sound long but we are out tonight so will be eating later than normal. Now that my BS is normal I guess there is no reason to stop me fasting … watch this space!

• posted by marie123
    on

Good to hear your positive news from the Eye Clinic, KrysiaD.
    Marie x

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha, Verano, thankfully yes. Touch and go but we made it – 8 hours on the road without a single comfort stop.😱 I’m not sure which I enjoyed more – the wee, or the pint of water (followedby 4 mugs of weak black tea) when we finally reached home 😜 And 15 hours overnight will be a good introduction to fasting, you can build it up, it definitely gets easier.

26 hours into my fast and feeling good. Will be going to bed in an hour or so, so next 8 – 10 hours will be a doddle as I’ll hopefully be fast asleep (no pun intended) for most of those. Then it will be a 5 mile dog walk before I can hit the shops and restock my fridge. So will probably break my fast around lunchtime with a bowl of yoghurt and a selection of berries. Unless I don’t, of course, and decide to go through to dinner 😉 But I certainly won’t be competing with Esnecca’s impressive 3 days!!!

Hope both of my fast buddies are doing okay too? You’ll certainly have earned that delicious steak on Saturday Esnecca.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

All quiet on the fasting front, thank you very much. I just walked my OH through making some very delicious meatballs for a pot luck Halloween affair they’re having at his workplace and it didn’t phase me in the least. I think he drastically underseasoned the mixture but he was reticent to make them the way I usually make them because he was afraid his co-workers would be put off by strong spicing. I suspect he’ll find the finished product a little disappointing in the end. What smells strong raw doesn’t come out all that strong once it’s been cooked.

on

Weight this morning 133.4 lbs which means I am 0.4 lb off my goal weight and my BMI is 25.2! Hurrah – I am all but at goal! Still fasting til lunchtime. My weight will be back up tomorrow after some food later today but hopefully I will be burning fat for the next day or so. Hoping to be at goal for the final weigh in on Tuesday. I am so close now! This has been an arduous slog for me but I am so glad I didn’t throw in the towel and I nearly did a few times! All the lovely people on the different threads here who’ve been with me since January know they’ve been a boost and a help and I am so grateful for the encouragement and support along the way.

I hope my slow and steady journey will encourage others to keep plodding.

Have a good day everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.