Easier than it looks!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Porteous
    on

June 2017. I originally followed the 5/2 diet and started exercising hard at the beginning of this year.Subsequently switched to the BSD diet.

After 3 months weight down to 160lb (from 175lb) and still following an 800 calorie per day diet with a good dinner out once a week and a 24 hour fast if the weight starts to rise. I am in the gym every day for an hour, following a daily workout with 20 mins cardiovascular followed by 30 mins weights/resistance.

Fat down to 17% (was 22.4%) and muscle up to 43.5%. (was 39.5%). I am now running 2 miles in under 20 minutes.
    Type 2 diabetes. HbA1c Conversion table down from mmol/mol 57 to 55.
    Long term aim is to wind this back to 46.

The biggest change is the way I feel (And the reduced food bill!). I look, and feel, fit. My mind is sharper. Hoping to stabilise the weight with a daily intake around 1200 calories over the next few weeks. The oddest thing is that very early on I stopped feeling hungry and find a 24 hour fast easy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.