Dry Mouth

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Niffer
    on

I’m coming to end of week two, week one lost 8lb but so far this week just lost 1lb. I admit I quite often go closer to 900 cals than 800cals but I do quite a lot of exercise and I am 3 – 4 sone over weight. I drink plenty of water but my mouth is constantly dry, especially my toungue. I am not a mouth breather and it’s not my medication, I should add I am not diabetic. Could this be ketosis or any other ideas out there. Drinking does not take away the dryness. With regards the weight loss, I know it will even itself out if I keep going although I do get impatient!

• posted by auntylil
    on

Hello. I don’t have any answers for you but do have changes that I’m struggling with. Perhaps someone will spot this and have suggestions. Tomorrow is end of week 2 for me. I wake up light headed and feel faint a lot of the time. I drink lots of water as suggested and struggle because of needing the loo all the time which is impacting on life as I’m anxious to go out. Mushrooms and miso and soy sauce I suspect are responsible for thrush and I haven’t lost any weight or inches this week. Occasionally I think I have peardrop breath but I suspect ketosis is not kicking in for me. What to do? My blood pressure seems to be getting and staying very low. I went to physiotherapy yesterday and fell over. So, a miserable state of affairs in big contrast to first week’s euphoria. I am positive though and determined as ever but question that this is working for me. I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic. I enjoy the meals and stick to recipes and meal plan but yesterday I succumbed to a small amount of honey as I was so light headed. My gp is supportive so I might have to consult her but I do not want to come off this diet. Perhaps I have to consider a slower result time and go on the 5:2. I would like to know why this is happening though.

• posted by Niffer
    on

Hi Auntylil, years ago I used to feel dizzy when bending down etc and I put this down to my naturally quite low BP. As I’ve put on weight my BP went up to normal 120/80, I haven’t had it checked recently but I think it may be going down again as I’ve been experiencing the same dizzy spells or light headedness. Yes, drinking lots means lots of visits which during day isn’t so bad as at night. Mouth still very dry, water doesn’t stop it. On holiday to a hotel in the Cotswolds for four nights so it will be a test for me. Hope you get your problem sorted out.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Niffer
    That sounds annoying!
    You could have a look at Jenny Ruhls book ‘low carb problems solved’. (£3 on kindle). It might be in there. I’ve put other links on the thread ‘useful links’
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Auntielil
    As I said to niffer , I’d recommend Jenny Ruhls book ‘low carb problems solved’.
    (£3 on kindle)
    Also I’ve put other links on a thread called ‘useful links’ which may have something useful.
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.