Drinks – what is to much ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Collingwood
    on

Sorry all very new , just a few days into this..Now drinking about 3-4 black cofees a day & like the odd black tea which is keeping my energy up and wondering is there a limit of the number of cups of these we should aim for ? I do aslo do herbal teas & actualy like water so no issue with that… Also coconut water is very big in australia now & does have 15 calories per 100 ml ( yes we are mostly metric here for measurements now but we still hang onto calories & feet & inches & a few others) is 100- 200ml a day ok or ?
    ANy other hot drink ideas?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome Collingwood, all I drink is green tea or water with lemon or just plain water. If your tea and coffee are black then they are okay, in fact some would suggest cutting out so much coffee but that would be another withdrawal for you, it is hard enough when the carb withdrawal kicks in. Although you might try to reduce over time. When I want something more than water I add about a tablespoon of unsweetened apple or cranberry juice, but I so love water. I quite like coconut water but keep it to one a day and an average glass is 45 calories and 10 carbs so just make sure you count it in. Maybe not too often.

I used to live in a place called Randwick when I first moved to Aus but that was 40 years ago.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I don’t think there is any limit as far as the diet goes, but listen to your body to see if it is too much caffeine. If you are okay with the caffeine then the black coffee has its own good effect on the metabolism, one apparently removed if you take it with milk, in the Sirtuin activation effect. Coconut water is fine as you say in small amounts, and somewhat controversially I also have fruit juice in small quantities (but slightly larger than a tablespoon, usually around 50ml, diluted with fizzy water). Like a natural cordial if you like. As long as you count it really anything goes, just go for moderation if it contains sugar, particularly fructose.

• posted by ww
    on

Little sachets of miso soup paste are great, only 30 cals.

• posted by Collingwood
    on

thanks all good ideas, I’d even forgotten about green tea..Just did some reearch on miso and there are different types ranging from green to almost black so that gives me lots of variety…P.S. sunshine girl does that mean your in QLD ? me I’m near heidelberg in Melbourne,.. collingwood is a AFL team I follow…

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Collingwood, should have been clearer. I live in France now but lived in Oz in the 70’s and Randwick is a suburb of Sydney. We then bought an apartment in a place called Cammara (not sure how to spell now) and lived their for 5 years then I came back to England without my husband.

• posted by Juliemt
    on

Carn the Pies!

Please log in or register to post a reply.