Down and Up

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by gerryo
    on

Was going great on the first 6 days lost around 5 pounds.

Day 7 We went out for dinner had a glass of wine and some noodles Chinese

Next day weight was up 3 pounds.

The day after was up 4 pounds

on Day 10 my weight was back to where it was before

On day 6 Swam 3 Kms Crawl non stop 60 minutes

on Day 7 swam 4 Kms non stop 80 minutes

Very Frustrating as all except one day I kept to diet.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi Gerryo, there will be many saying weigh less often, persevere, lots of exercise like that will build heavy muscle but in reality this is not an instant fix. The principles are sound so have confidence in the rest of us that have succeeded in losing up to 20% body mass in my case over 13 weeks. I wish I was strong enough to swim for an hour in any style! You will do well, keep going, we all plateaued at times it is normal on BSD/Fast 800 – you will soon be on 5:2.

• posted by gerryo
    on

Thanks for that. just thought for a while that I had finally found something that would work.

From Nov to March where the outdoor pools are open in Melbourne Australia I started to exercise concerned my blood pressure was going up. I swam something like 160Kms in that time. Ate moderately but could not achieve any weight loss.

My blood pressure came out well.

About the only time I have been able to achieve some significant loss was 20-30 years ago when I was running 30-40Kms per week.

Having a hip that has problems does not help.

I do spin classes now and then.

Will keep trying and see how I go’

I may have to change my current food plan as I may be getting too much carb from my vegetable bean soup. I usually have a boiled egg or an apple for breakfast, soup for lunch and a meal for supper no carbs water to drink , currently I figure this is less than 700 Cals.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi gerryo
    Are you tracking your carbs and fats and drinking enough water?
    I’ve downloaded the EasyDietDiary app which records everything and it really helps. Do you know how many carbs are in an apple? Heaps!
    Don’t be afraid of full fat products, don’t touch anything low fat or light as it’s loaded with sugars, keep your carbs under 50g per day, track your total calorie intake and drink 2-3 litres of non calorie drinks per day.
    Particularly on the first 8 weeks, you really need to stick to the plan as you found out the hard way, but if you do, the rewards are huge😀
    There’s a lot of us that have proven this. Keep reading the forum and get inspiration from everyone that is following the plan.
    Best of luck
    Linda

• posted by gerryo
    on

14 carbs in an apple,

I drink water or tea no sugar.

My soup has 127 calories will check carbs

not giving up just a bit frustrated as I had a great drop in the first week then poof! gone.

Cheers

don’t like the headaches though

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

Hi, I have the same thing happen to me if I go off diet and have a high carb day. My weight shoots up the next day, and like you, sometimes even more the day after that. Then it can take a couple more days to get it back to where it was. It’s like I lose half a week because of one carb heavy meal. I just can’t get away with cheat meals, never mind cheat days. They just aren’t worth it for me.

Sometimes you have to work out what works for you, as people’s bodies often cope with carbs differently. I like a diet with lots of beans and lentils, but have to limit them because of the higher carb count. Seeing the scales dropping make it worth while.

• posted by gerryo
    on

Hi Thanks for that.

Will try what you said and see how it goes

Please log in or register to post a reply.