Done and Dusted

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marinecole
    on

Hi
    I simply want to say how brilliant the BSD is.
    I, along with by wife, started Jan 1st with my aim being to lose 1 1/2 stone (started 15st) and achieving a fasting blood sugar of 5 ( or 90 mg/dl if you prefer) by the end of January (also dry) .
    Today, 24th Jan, hit my target with a week to go, 13 1/2 stone a fasting blood sugar of 5, 4″ off my stomach (taken around the umbilicus).
    I am going to continue for the rest of month, feel absolutely brilliant as well. It has taken some planning, food and exercise, I have used my fitness pal as a diary (even though it would not let me complete each day). Finally, I am 60 next month this is probably the best present I will get.
    So thanks very much BSD I feel reinvented!!!

Andy

PS I am happy to encourage, share info or simply help

• posted by Clarity50
    on

Hi Andy,
    your story is similar to mine, started on the 01st Jan weighing 15st 5lb and to date I have lost 25lb in 3 weeks and feel great. I am not sure of the impact on my blood sugars yet as I am not due to have my next blood test until the end of Feb. I am going to continue as is for the full 8 weeks then adjust to the 5:2 diet.

Other than my weight the only other impact it has had is on my eyes, I have gone from being short sighted to having perfect distance vision, I spoke to the optician who has confirmed that this will be down to my diet.

Keep up the good work, I agree with you, thanks BSD

Cheers

Sue

• posted by Marinecole
    on

Hi Sue

Thanks for your reply

Yes its a very doable diet, my wife has done 11 lbs as well.

I got a blood sugar testing machine from Amazon, I was in the pre diabetic stage (7) and now 5, I do it every Sunday.

As for diet, I am following the principles of the BSD, i.e. Mediterranean diet, but can now eat more.

I will update in a months time, please let me know how you get on with the 8 weeks.

Well done BTW, that’s a great result.

Andy

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Clarity, that’s so good to hear about your vision. This was my only symptom of recently diagnosed T2 and although I’ve seen a small improvement, it’s still not back where it was. I’m now 43lbs down since 10 October with about 16 to go, hope I’ll see better by the end.

I’m sure everyone already knows this but T2s should get a diabetic eye check once a year as lots can be done to preserve vision in early stages that becomes trickier later. My doc didn’t refer me and my optician wouldn’t even test my eyes till I’ve had it as she says you could end up paying lots for glasses or lenses that would be the wrong prescription. MKx

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I saw my optician last week and my eyesight has improved and probably should get new glasses but she recommended waiting for another six months as the improvement is likely to continue.

She should know because she lost 115lb on BSD last year and has stopped using insulin. I suggested that she join this site as I believe that she has, and pardon the pun, an interesting perspective.,

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Ah, JM that’s really heartening to hear that an optician expects further improvement as weight goes down.
    Reading is my passion and I’ve been sad to struggle these last few months. Further motivation! Thanks.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m excited to read this, I’ve only been wearing glasses for long distance for a few years and just recently my close vision, which was perfect, has been going downhill. Reading is still ok but I’ve had trouble with cross stitch sewing and I made a bit of a mess of my husband’s foot trying to get a splinter out. It scares me a bit so I need to use this as motivation to get back on strict BSD.

Please log in or register to post a reply.