Doing well then stalled, how long before I start losing again?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

I started the diet at the beginning of February, in the first four weeks I lost 16lb, I had a few wobbles but got to the end of the four weeks, I am now at the end of the the 6th week and have barely lost two pounds, I am cold all the time, ( I know it’s cold at the moment in the uk.) however I am unusually cold and at this particular time I am having real wobbles and am tempted to eat to get warm! I am trying really hard not to succumb and haven’t as yet, what I want to know is how long this feeling lasts, does anyone else have this cold and hungry feeling that comes and goes, and what do I do to get through it, it is making me feel awful in so many different ways, it seems pathetic to feel this way, especially after I got through the daughters birthday last week, making trifle and choc mint birthday cake! I have stuck to the diet to the letter too. Just having a wobble and a gripe!

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi Christi1948
    Have a look at the iam cold thread you might get some advice on that. Stick with it and hope you feel better soon.

• posted by Sharon
    on

Sorry thread is called (feeling cold)

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

Have you tried Mulled wine or a Whiskey Mac? Both very warming. 🍷☕or coffee and Cognac! ☺

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Thanks Sharon I will take a look at the thread feeling cold.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Thanks shrinkidinkyman
    I don’t drink so no luck there but thanks for responding.

• posted by penelope59
    on

Hi Christi, no advice I’m afraid but a little sympathy! I too did well initially and have been thrilled to bits with my 18lbs loss but have been stuck now for the past 12 days. Unfortunately I’ve not been as strong as you, I’m in the middle of our birthday season (!) and and have not done so well at resisting temptation, with another birthday coming up this week. I have managed to put it behind me and get back on track today, but with being stuck as well at the moment, the whole thing is really disheartening. Does anyone have any tips on how to kick-start things again?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi penelope59
    Could I suggest you check your carbohydrate intake, as if this is high it might be hindering things. I found that by lowering my carbs, I managed to get things moving again, having hit a two week plateau. Hoping that this downward trend will continue. Let us know how you get on.

• posted by Allychat
    on

When i have looked at what Ive eaten when I’ve stalled very often the difference has been that I’ve eaten less good fat on those days. It has taken a really big shift in my thinking to get over the whole ‘low fat is good’ that I was truly suckered into. When Ive upped my fat with a bit more olive oil or avocado or nuts or full fat dairy it has seemed to get things going again provided i still keep roughly to the 800 cals per day. Good luck and hang in there.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi allychat
    I too am getting confused with the fat thing, however I am trying to have more olive oil, nuts, and avocado! I am doing ok on the diet, even if I have a gripe every so often, or when I am feeling down mentally, I am still not losing weight 2 lb in just over two weeks, I think the problem is you lose so much in the first four weeks, you expect it to continue, then when nothing or hardly anything happens you get all anxious, (well I do) especially as I am cooking for two others, they are happy to eat what I eat, except they have the carbs and the desserts and the odd bar of chocolate! Which is really hard, as I am not diebetic, just pre diebetic, anyway I digress! I will try and up my fat and see what happens, thanks for the tip, will let you know how I fare.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Sharon,
    Ironically Saturday I froze all day, to the point my daughter came in from work, (she’s a gardener) and got a blanket to put over me. Sunday I was nice and warm and today I am hot! And no it’s not the menopause! I have been through that and come put the other side ok. I haven’t a clue what’s happening to me, just hope the weight loss kicks in again soon, I am getting frustrated at the moment! Thanks for responding though, will let you know how I get on.

Please log in or register to post a reply.