doing this SOLO – any advice?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by celestee
    on

hi all –

i’ve been on the fast 800 for 9 days & i’m really struggling.

my fiance is supportive of me but not at all interested in doing it with me & we’re in this SUPER strange situation. we moved to a new city & bought a new house…..that we don’t get possession of until August 15th.

we are staying with my parents in their basement. they do NOT have the healthiest of diets and have all sorts of treats & things in the house and WORST of all they go out for dinner ALL.THE.TIME & invite us. eating out is SO full of calories!

i’m just really struggling with maintaining the fast 800 but i really want it to work. any suggestions? anyone else flying solo out there?

celeste x

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi Celeste
    Well done on going solo, you are amazing , as many have said this is a long term change for life so the ups and downs are to be expected. I am almost afraid to eat out – how ridiculous does that sound. Try to make choices o you have some control well done you go girl.

• posted by thepolly
    on

I really feel for you doing this with minimal support, if you are eating out then there is always the protein, salad, no carb option. Some restaurants will replace carby sides for cooked veggies or salads.

Can you have a cupboard that you can keep clear of the junky foods and is just for you? Managing 9 days in an awkward situation is brilliant though.

Is there any way that you can talk to your relatives and ask them to be left out of eating out sometimes if that’s helpful? Hope some of this is helpful even a tiny bit.

Good luck, Polly xx

• posted by celestee
    on

thanks collie & polly!!

i’m determined to view this as a journey that will have ups and downs – not just downs as i’d like but this way i’m hoping i don’t throw in the towel after having a bad day.

i really like your idea polly of my own cupboard – i probably can’t swing a cupboard but a shelf for sure! so i’ll fill that with healthy foods.

thanks guys!

celeste x

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi celeestee,
    Your blog title is doing this solo.

Oh no your not.
    You have so many friends here standing beside you, ready to help you.

The collie is right. Just have protein and veg of a night time in the restaurants.
    Yogurt and berries for breakfast.
    Skip lunch if you can or have a herbal tea.

I found a salad in McDonald’s.
    Frankie and bennies have salads too, also steak and veg or salad.
    Burger King, I have asked for a whopper but just the burger and salad, hold the bun and hold the Mayo. I say I have an allergy. Or I have BSD If you say you have … Three initials, people don’t realise it isn’t a real illness, but they are too embarrassed to ask you about it.

It isn’t easy, but it is doable.

On your way home can you go to a supermarket and get some boxed salads? You and boyfriend eat in and let your parents go out.
    If he isn’t supporting you, so what? Do it for YOU, because you are worth it girlfriend.
    Don’t you want to be a healthy slim active fit chick? I do.
    I have to ask myself so many times a day…. Do you want the sweet/cake/bread or do you want the size 12?
    It is a pain in the behind in the first fortnight.
    Then it becomes easier.

Or just try and keep your calories down and your carbs too.
    When you get the keys to your new place, lock the front door, deck your new kitchen with a steamer, scales, a spiralizer, a cool drawer for fresh salads and veg. Plastic boxes for your packed lunches.
    In a quiet part of your house have a nice armchair with a blanket, where you can cuddle up and meditate and be mindful.
    In another area, have a yoga mat and do yoga or stretches or planks or squats or march on the spot.

It will be your own home so call the tune.

Your beloved, if he’s not with the programme then that is okay, get him a crèche. A man cave or man corner, with a bike magazine, a tin of beer, the telly control for the football channel. He can play there while you are in one of your zones and enjoying yourself.

You can put bsd food in front of him but if he whines then just give him a dollop of spuds. He won’t know the difference.

We are all behind you, beside you, ready to help you. Test our friendship. Ask any question, I bet you get an answer quicker than you expect.
    We have all been through our own trials and tribulations. It doesn’t get rid of your problem but we can suggest things to make it easier for you.

Just think how fit and skinny you will be by thanks giving or Christmas.

Stay on the path, it will come right in the end. It is worth it.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi celeestee.
    Nine days in, wow, missed that.
    You have come a long way already.

Thinking about it, I would be leaving your parents home of an evening and go for a walk. Start stretching etc that is suitable for you.
    As on 15th August, just think of the work out you will get, decorating, cleaning, all those boxes and furniture you have to shift on your moving in day.

Keep hanging in there.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by josephsmum
    on

Hi Celeste,

I am flying solo too – although I am mindful of the comments about not being alone in this 🙂 I am only on day 3 and awaiting my dinner which is cooking in the oven and smelling wonderful!

I have cauli and broccoli cheese with strips of gammon in there – baking enough for 3 meals so I can put the spare in the fridge and microwave tomorrow for an easy lunch or dinner. Have also made a pot of lentil and bacon soup today in the slow cooker, so have a spare bowl of soup ready for tomorrow too. Currently ‘cooking’ some home made yoghurt in my electric yoghurt maker and have some rhubarb stewing in the slow cooker to go with it 🙂

Planning ahead to avoid the munchies! If I am going to cave, it will be with healthy food.

• posted by celestee
    on

hi everyone –

WOW. thank you so so much for your replies, it all means so much to me!

lucia thank you for your incredibly thoughtful response. you are so right & have so many helpful ideas that i’m going to follow! thank you so much.

i am back today after a bit of a stumble. ready to clear out my shelf & fill it with healthful snacks.

thanks everyone.
    celeste x

• posted by celestee
    on

& to josephsmum – we can do this!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.