Does everyone have to get up in the night to wee?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by waveydavey
    on

Please excuse the indelicate question, but do any of you guys need to get up in the night to use the loo?
    I’m 2 weeks into the Fast 800 today (and generally feeling fantastic actually), but I’m having to get up at least once in the night for a really huge wee!
    I don’t drink excessive liquids in the evening, although I do drink loads of water/ herbal tea in the daytime. Generally eat a protein-rich meal about 8pm and go to bed about 1030-11pm – I’m very low carb.
    I can cope with it – and am generally sleeping really well around it – but it would be great to know a/ why and b/ if it ever stops! Not least because my wife would be very grateful not to have a huge oaf stumbling around the bedroom looking for the door at 2am every morning ๐Ÿ™‚
    Advice much appreciated – first time poster, I have a feeling I’ll be back!
    Cheers
    Dave

• posted by alliecat
    on

I hope you will be back, Dave! My water schedule begins at 9:00am, and I consume a glass an hr. until 9:00pm,
    which is the cut off. One loo trip before lights out at midnight, and usually another required at 5:00am. I don’t have a
    youthful bladder, however. ๐Ÿ™‚ You do actually get used to it over time, and the water is so integral to the process that we must do it!

Allie

• posted by waveydavey
    on

Thanks Allie – yikes; looks like I’ve got a few more weeks of clattering around the bedroom ahead of me then!
    I’ll have to google the chemistry behind the water thing – interesting.
    Cheers
    Dave

• posted by alliecat
    on

The water thing IS interesting, Dave. We are all born with a certain number of fat cells, and it has much to do with what our
    Mother’s ate during gestation, as well as their gut bacteria. What happens when we are seeking weight loss is that as the
    fat leaves our fat cells, water replaces that space. When enough of the fat has left, these cells deflate, and what occurs is
    the “whoosh effect”, and we then can lose several pounds overnight. If you google “the whoosh effect” you
    will find it! That’s why water is important. Wishing you all the best in your quest for good health ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.