Diet bitch

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fatfatgoaway
    on

I am two weeks in and have never loved a way of eating as much as this. When I mentioned to my friend how pleased I am to have lost a stone I thought she might say well done or something. But instead she started telling me how when I went to the well known slimming club (which I hated) I lost weight and how her daughter and son in law did the bsd and put it all back on even though ‘they eat healthy food’. Also that I’d put all back on and it isn’t good for me and that the slimming club is better. This despite her still going to said wonderful slimming club for most of the 7 years I’ve known her. Her daughter is also back there too. And her daughter in law is back there as well but I know they go back to eating unhealthy stuff when they hit target and never get over sugar. But my way of thinking is do this once and maintain by using the Mediterranean diet. I don’t want the weight bouncing on and off and to and from diet club which promotes its own low fat high sugar ‘treats’. I feel quite deflated with her attitude. But I guess that is what she intended. I’m not giving up though. My dad had tears in his eyes when I told him I’d lost a stone love him.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Fatfatgoaway
    I would say do what feels right and is working for you and just stay focused. It is important not to compare and get into a competitive frame of mind which is frankly unhelpful and a bit petty , so just ignore any ‘advice’ from your friend and keep going .
    It’s your body, your health, noone else is in a position to say what is good for you or not.
    Think long term and as you say, the ‘low fat, high sugar treats ‘ are not the way to go to sustain a healthy way of eating.
    Don’t feel deflated, feel positive about how your health is going to improve and how proud your dad will be !

• posted by A-B
    on

Someone sounds jealous you are doing so well!!

• posted by Fatfatgoaway
    on

I think she really is jealous! I don’t know why – I have 100lbs plus to lose so I don’t look much different yet so it can’t be that. Maybe because I’m happier as I’m now in control of my eating?
    She keeps inviting me to hers to eat but I’m pretty sure she’d sabotage my efforts and I won’t allow that. Yesterday she came over with a beautiful tin containing 8 pretty cupcakes for my daughter. She opened the tin to show me saying I know you can’t eat these but I’ve bought them for your daughter. Then when daughter wandered in she said to her “you will eat all those won’t you?”
    Usually the cakes would have called to me all night until I gave in and ate them. It is the next day and they are all still there and to make things even better the whoosh fairy gave me an overnight 1.5lb loss. I’m not being sabotaged by a jealous, bitter woman! But even more importantly I’m not being sabotaged by ME and this is a huge and major change in my mind. I’m now 17lbs down and mentally I am absolutely over the moon.

• posted by Fatfatgoaway
    on

Thank you. I am a bit bloody minded that way though – I am determined to lose weight for my health but the likes of her just make me more determined to prove this is the right way for me to do it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.