Day three – I am SO hungry

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lowenna
    on

So I am on day 3 of the diet and I am so hungry. I have been trying to follow the diet in the book. Like most diet books it seems to assume you are at home all day with nothing to do but cook.

I am struggling to find things to eat especially at lunchtime that don’t involve carbs, I think I am omletted out!. I am not a big eater normally but this is making me want to eat more ๐Ÿ™

How have other people found it, does it get better. At the moment it is just making me feel hungry and miserable.

• posted by cy
    on

Hang in there. It’s only the first few days and your brain is probably in overdrive thinking about how you’re going to cope on a ‘diet’. My advise is to distract yourself – drink a glass of water or go for a walk. Try not to think of this as a diet but a change in lifestyle. And also take things step by step. Think about getting through the next few hours rather then the next 8 weeks. Look at weight loss transformations on Instagram to keep you focused & inspired too!

Failing that, I find a small piece of hard cheese helps (the size of half an index finger), or half a boiled egg. You can buy small potions from most supermarkets. I’m lucky enough to have a staff canteen so i normally have a small soup with fizzy water or small side salad with grilled chicken or fish. This keeps me full for 3-4 hours. And if I’m really struggling, I’ll have 4 (just 4!) unsalted cashew nuts to take the edge off the hunger with a glass of water.

I also don’t have much time to cook, so if I haven’t prepared anything at home, I’ll buy a small side salad and some calamari from Marks and Spencers or Pret a Manger have some great breadless, low cal salads. (sorry if Pret or M&S means nothing too you if you’re based outside of the UK). You can also get Greek and natural yogurts in small pots, so again, another portable option.

Other than that, I tend to cook on a Sunday night and divide everything up into small tupperwear boxes for packed lunches. I freeze extra portions.

Hope this helps!

• posted by Lowenna
    on

Thanks Cy

All very helpful. I thought of being this hungry for the rest of my life is the thing that is putting me off. May be I’m being too strict. The thought of not being able to join in anything anymore or have cake on Saturday – a treat I love is making me feel low.

Though I felt quite superior in the supermarket tonight with my lettuce leaf when the lady in front bought 6 large iced donuts!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

The whole thing about refined carbs is they spike your blood sugar, it falls quickly, and then you feel hungry again.

Give your body a chance to change its hormone response not taking the easy route of burning carbs (this causes hunger and also sometimes other symptoms often described as carb flu). You WILL get over this and then your body starts burning fat from your fat cells YAY and your demand for easy burn carbs will lessen. Promise.

Stick with it – worthwhile.

๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

I just started Monday July 18. Oh boy we all have felt the pain you are in. Just hold on and keep on drinking water. Lack of hydration is main cause of hunger pains.

You just got off of wheat, an opiate. Yes, eating bagels is like taking heroin. The addiction I used to have after eating a bagel was needing a Krispy KReme. NOT ANYMORE! You are going through the similar crap feelings rehab patients go through from withdraw of opium. After first 3 days, all is better and body is more used to the NEW YOU.

I (and anyone reading this) all are going through the beginner’s pain with you. ๐Ÿ˜€

Be Strong! and……

Live Long And Prosper!

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

ARe you feeling those hunger pains still??????

It takes a while to get used to. Think of it as roller blading for the first time. Falling a million times and then you get used to it riding across the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago.

Keep it up. Oh yeh, one thing that sucks on this 800 calorie diet;

YOU ONLY CHEATING YOURSELF!

ask away if you need more advice. THIS IS A ROom filled with wisdom!

daniel

Please log in or register to post a reply.