Day One – feeling upbeat !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chocolate_ee
    on

Hello Fellow BS Diet followers.

I’m 57 , living in the UK and have just read the book, ordered the blood sugar monitor , cleared my cupboards, bought a Fit bit ( and am now addicted to monitoring my sleep patterns ! ) and booked my blood tests.
    I need to do this – aside from the obvious health benefits, I can’t spend another summer in shapeless stretchy ‘fat’ clothes – shallow I know .

A brief history – skinny child and teenager, put on weight after 2 kids ( size 16 which crept up to 18) , got lazy but then lost 7 stone on Lighter Life in 20129 size 10 hurrah ) . Put it all back on again and some after battling with osteo arthritis and giving up on exercise. Had both knees replaced so now ready to go again. I’m fired up and ready for the challenge.

Can anyone recommend good carb and calorie trackers ? Planning on starting a blog to get everything down on screen. Found some US and Australian ones but didn’t recognise the brands they used.

I LOVE my food but I actually like cooking good food with fresh ingredients from scratch. I’ve found that over the years I can’t abide any shop bought ready meals which I think is a good thing. I just need to cut down on my portion sizes, carbs ( which I adore ) and that evening glass of wine.

• posted by amyscoutmom
    on

Hi! My name is Amy. I live in Virginia in the US. I am starting today as well! I am very excited.

I was diagnosed one year ago with Type 2 diabetes. I immediately started metformin and started the Whole30 diet. In 5 months I lost about 50 pounds. Then I lost interest in the diet and started cheating here and there, and I gained back most of the weight.

I saw this book on the Dr. Oz show 2 days ago and bought the book. After reading it, I decided to go for it.

I’d love to keep in touch and help support each other.

You can email me at amyscoutmom@gmail.com.

Have a great day!

• posted by Chocolate_ee
    on

We can do this Amy !

Please log in or register to post a reply.