Day 56. !!!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Revenanto
    on

Well, I’ve made it, despite all the warnings from well meaning friends that I would die/ go into starvation mode/damage my liver/kidneys/heart etc. and lose all sense of humour and become a social pariah! I haven’t felt so good in thirty years. My ankles and feet have stopped being swollen, I haven’t had an alcoholic drink in 57 days and I’ve started walking every morning.
    My weight has dropped from 23 stone 12lbs to 21 stone 1lb (39lbs) .

I’m starting my second eight week stint today in the certain knowledge that
    1. it isn’t impossible, and in fact it is much easier than I could ever have imagined, and
    2. this regime really seems to work for me!

Thank you to the many people who wrote and answered my questions. Every single piece of support is important and really helps.
    I’m off to the over eight week section now, and hope to see you all there too soon. I know this is just the start for me, but at last I know that the journey is at least possible, after decades of despair and camera avoidance.

Sorry if I sound a bit smug….but I am!
    Good luck and best wishes to you all

R

• posted by lauren
    on

Excellent job 🙂 I hope your friends have admitted they were wrong!!

You deserve to be smug, and very proud of yourself – good luck with the next 8 weeks!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Well done Revenanto….you deserve to be smug…great results. Best wishes to you.

• posted by BSD
    on

FAB job, from another smug person

• posted by GillyD
    on

Well done that’s amazing ! Good luck for the next stint…!

• posted by Bissell
    on

Who wouldn’t feel smug! That’s an amazing loss! Brilliant, how inspiring!
    Best of luck as you continue and let us know how it goes.

• posted by Collie
    on

Just BRILlANT well done , great to read this . Yay 🍾

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Fabulous result & great to read for us who are just starting out!

Please log in or register to post a reply.