Day 5- the bad and the good!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by snackerlady
    on

Morning, it’s day 5 for me. I’ve had another bad nights sleep – restless and dreaming of cakes (no joke! Lol) the past 4 days I’ve been fine, felt ok and actually really alert. …. but this morning I feel terrible- shaky and weak. I’ve done many detoxes in the past, at least once a year and I always sleep badly on them all so that’s no different but I was not expecting to feel so rough today. I made myself a smoothie for breakfast with raw cacao and banana for a bit of a boost to see if it helps so here’s hoping. I have had an Epsom salt bath and it’s helped. I’m glad I’m not working today or I’d really be struggling 🙁
    On the plus side I’ve been really good and stuck to the plan 100% (within the guidelines but doing my own recipes) I definitely have lost weight but I don’t know how much. I’m writing this as a heads up to people that this may not be a smooth ride but it’s not impossible- hang in there! . Someone on fb has told me they felt this way yesterday so I feel better reading that. I’m now tucked up in bed with the tv remote and my fizzy water- bliss!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi snackerlady
    I have read a few other posts from people who have had cold-like and hangover-like symptoms. I felt nauseous and shaky on day 5 and finished work early on day 6 as I felt wiped out. I don’t think its surprising; we have severely restricted our cal intake and are forcing our bodies to fuel themselves in a totally different way. But I am on day 8 now and feeling much better. So hopefully it will pass for you too.

• posted by snackerlady
    on

Thanks Janet1973, that is good to know 🙂
    I made it through the day without a slip though so i’m proud of myself. I really need to see this through, my health and future depend on it. I don;t want it to be another one of those diets that I can’t stick at.
    Glad you’re feeling much better! xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.