Day 4

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

Just found this forum and hope to learn more and find out how to beat the cravings. I was in the supermarket today and there was a wall of carbs to greet me. I’m being quite careful and have already learned not to replace spuds, rice and so on with chick peas and quinoa. I’m a veggie too so quorn is a big help.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It gets a lot quicker doing the shopping when you realise how many aisles are carb loaded and just miss them out. Good work on not going straight for ‘alternative carbs’ it does help as for most meals now I just have a larger than ever selection of vegetables rather than something recognisable as a main carb. It becomes a real pleasure as well as your tastes adapt. Distraction was the best tool for me to beat cravings. Have a plan, so when cravings hit you can reach for something to do, if that doesn’t work have a drink of water. If they still survive that try a low calorie soup or something containing some salt like miso, marmite, or a stock cube in water. Finally a small piece of cheese or a spoon of peanut butter if they are really stubborn. You may go over calories slightly but that is better than giving in to the cravings or feeling miserable because you are depriving yourself of something. I don’t remember many days getting to the final option.

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

Thanks for the tips, I love marmite so a drop in hot water should help stave off the pangs. I now think my fridge is too small for the extra vegetables I’m buying in. I made the cottage pie recipe from the BSD book tonight using quorn mince and it was delicious for any veggies on here. I look forward to trying more recipes over the coming days.

Please log in or register to post a reply.