Day 4 and I am feeling terrible

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SOS
    on

Due to start work in an hour but I have a banging headache, ache all over and feeling tearful. Oh, and constipated. Is this the “flu” they talk about on the keto diet? 2lbs down though so not all bad I guess. Please tell me this will pass. Yours miserably

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi SOS,
    Welcome. Yes your experience is normal and many people have reported feeling the same in the first days of the diet, even down to the tearfulness. You are nearly through the worst bits though.
    Tips from the ones who’ve already ‘been there, done that’ :
    Paracetamol for the headaches is a must!
    Plenty of fluids, 2-3 litres every day
    Make sure you eat full fat products. You will feel an improvement if you keep up your fat & protein intake.
    Keep in touch and read/ join in on other threads for lots of advice and encouragement.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

It will pass
    What you are experiencing is your body adjusting to this new way of healthy eating, it usually only lasts 2 to 3 days. You can help by drinking lots of water but once you get into fat burning mode proper, the smptoms should go away.

Please log in or register to post a reply.