day 3 is over

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kassa81
    on

Hi all,
    I am 3 days in and starting to feel amazing. i have been able to stop taking immediate insulin. I will be reducing my overnight insulin soon as well ๐Ÿ™‚
    i am not missing the food so much as i’m missing the lifestyle like a cup of tea at the end of the night with milk and 4 sugars or the cake when i catch up with friends.
    I have fought a lot of temptation today and so am feeling stronger ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Wow in 3 days you are able to change your insulin that is pretty incredible! Well done for fighting temptation too.

As for what you miss, you can still have tea just with sweetner rather than sugar and count in your milk.

As for the friend thing, you could ask to meet them somewhere different where cake is not available. I often meet a friend for a walk. Alternatively have them over to your place for a catch up and look up recipes that are lower carb, I’ve been making coconut flour pancakes and having it with pureed fruit, and there are recipes for chickpea flour crackers that you could serve with cheese, you could make lots of lower carb nibbles.

• posted by Kassa81
    on

thanks izzy ๐Ÿ™‚ i will do that when the 800 is over ๐Ÿ™‚ i have just finished my first week and am missing things less and less. I have started drinking herbal tea aswell

Please log in or register to post a reply.