Day 1 of a New Me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LadyM
    on

Hi Everyone,
    I start today with hope, determination, and fear too. I have climbed onto so many diet wagons only to fall off them when life got in the way! At 54 and with a spare tyre or two around the middle, little energy after doing my days work and too much love for white wine I know I’m on a downhill road unless I shake myself up. I am going to try and combine with the 16:8, has anyone else done that. I am going to try to give up the wine during the week and only have it as a treat at the weekend. I will find this hard so any tips will be welcomed please. I also have a holiday coming up in 5 weeks so have a short term goal to aim for. I will be grateful for support along the way to keep me motivated. Have a good day everyone and I look forward to getting to know some of you.
    x

• posted by alliecat
    on

A very warm welcome to you, LadyM!

May I make a suggestion? Have a read thru on the “new Life Choice for Determined Alcoholic” thread. Many other
    “wine challenged” folks are there, and we would be happy to have you!
    Best wishes,
    Allie

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi LadyM can I also say, if you dont feel you are an alcoholic in need of special support there are lots of other threads to help you negotiate your way through this diet. Hints and tips on what is a carb, what veg are good and bad, what are good fats and more. There is something for everyone, just dip in a read, share and keep in touch.

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

Welcome LadyM

I follow this W.O.E and do 18:6 I.F as well. I have lunch and tea. I think it helps make the most of the calories and gives my body the chance to use its fat stores.

Good luck.

FFBB

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, again, LadyM:

Just wish to clarify that the thread I recommended that may be a help to you is NOT just for ladies who define
    themselves as alcoholics. Many of us simply recognize that wine is an impediment to our weight loss goals.
    We are a supportive and caring group, so I hope to see you there!
    Allie

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Welcome to the forums LadyM! You are in for a life changing experience! Good to have you here.

• posted by PattyB
    on

Hi LadyM,
    This is my first day, too. I have read the book, gathered my supplies and my FitBit is on. I decided to go with the Fast 800.

Good Luck!

• posted by LadyM
    on

Thank you everyone for your nice welcome. It’s been a good first day, shopping for the next few days meals and I have cooked Lamb Tagine from the cookbook for dinner and am about to cook my first ever cauli rice, also having steamed kale on the side. I had a 2 egg tomato omelette and a yoghurt for lunch so have kept on track. Water with fresh lime is the wine of the day!! It is very motivating reading all of the threads and the fantastic achievements. I am on holiday from work this week so will need to be organised for next week, I’m planning to use my slow cooker. Have a good evening all.

Please log in or register to post a reply.