Day 1

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LD
    on

So I’ve done my first day on the BSD diet and now into day 2. Yesterday I made a batch of the Superfood Soup and found it filling and tasty. I also have been having 1 hard boiled egg for breakfast and a diet shake for lunch. I did have some snacks of nuts and seeds to stave off the difficult hunger pains, but I think I am well below 800 calories a day.

And I made myself walk up the 9 flights of stairs to my flat, once. I aim to increse these stairway ascents as time goes on. I also did some situps today.

I really, really, really hate dieting, but after reading the BSD book, I feel ready and motivated.

I’m also hoping that this forum will offer some support!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Congratulations on taking the first massive step to a new healthy lifestyle.
    All the information, support, and recipes you need is in the forums and if you can’t find what you need, a quick shout on here will have the BSD’ers rushing to answer.
    Check the nutrition label on tha shake though, lots of them have sugar and highish carb contents
    TBH after the first couple of weeks you don’t even feel like you are dieting, which is why lots of us now call it a lifestyle instead
    Best of luck for your journey.

• posted by LD
    on

Many thanks Bill1954. Good tip about the diet shakes. Sneaky that is! Carbs & sugar in diet shakes? Who knew?

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi LD,
    Welcome on board. I started using Shakes and wondered why I was not losing the inches from my waist ( I was losing weight but not from the waistline). I asked the forum and was advised to check by carb intake and guess what – the carbs in the Shakes were too high!
    The biggest change you will make is moving away from carb loaded foods to full fat foods. So, no more low fat milk or yoghurt, but full fat – much more filling and you eat less of it as a result.
    Checkout have you eaten today forum for ideas and also tips on how to get the most from this lifestyle.
    Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.