Dawn Phenomenon

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nysilver
    on

Hello – starting my 56 days today! I’m a pretty well controlled Type 2 and am hoping to be able to come off Metformin. Does anyone here suffer from Dawn Phenomenon and if so, have you noticed any improvement in this?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

9.8 starting to mid 6 now
    We all get the dawn phemomonen to a greater or lesser extent, I messaged the team about it and was told not to worry as it’s a natural thing.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Nysilver,
    I used to have quite a high FBS due to the dawn phenomenon. Then I started having a protein/fat snack before bed eg small cup milk +20g cheese and this really helped bring it down.
    After starting the BSD I had great FBS until around week 4, took about 3 more weeks to settle. Now consistently under 5. Never been on meds. Still have warm milk at night just because I like it at bedtime.
    See the rising fasting blood sugar levels thread to follow other peoples journey with this.
    I’m sure yours will improve doing the BSD 🙂

• posted by Leeanne
    on

I’m positive I get this. In week 1 I started at 11.0 down to 6.7. Week 2 , 7.9 down to 5.2. Week 3, 8.2 down to 6.2. Week 4, 7.8 down to 7.2. I’ve just begun week 5 and am struggling to get below 7. However the readings during the day have mainly been well below 7. Surprisingly I forgot to take any tablets at all yesterday until 11pm when I just discarded half of them and my reading was 6.8 but on waking today it had risen to 7.4.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

It’s that week 4 /5 figure again
    the readings will stabilise again. Mine shot back up to 9.8 after steadily falling.
    2 – 3 weeks seems to be how long it takes to get normal again but my FBS this morning was 6.6 so persevere, it will sort itself out
    Others have discussed this in the rising blood sugars thread.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hi Bill, Yes I’m hoping it will sort itself. Damned blood sugars! Pesky readings! It’s frustrating though.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Don’t worry Leeanne
    If you were here I’d even let you prick my finger to show you 😉

• posted by sandylane
    on

Very helpful – thank you!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Sandylane, this is a very old posting going back to 2016 – so 3 years old so you are not likely to get much of a follow up here. Take a look around the forum for what you need or start your own questions if you need help

Please log in or register to post a reply.