Dairy free

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SHERI73
    on

Hi all, I’m looking at starting this for weight loss and generally to feel healthier however I cannot really eat dairy as it can make my rheumatoid arthritis really bad, any advice would be so appreciated. Thank you

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, what do you normally have instead of dairy. You dont have to add something to your diet that you cant eat. When I had an intolerance to dairy I used alternatives like goats and sheep cheeses and yoghurts and almond milk or soya milk. If you are using any of these they are still okay on this diet. You might find once you cut out the starchy white carbs that the arthritis shows some improvement. Good luck.

• posted by SHERI73
    on

Hi sunshine girl, thanks so much for advising. I generally have unsweetened soya or almond milk and soya yoghurt so great I can still use them. I’m amazed at all the lively recipes in the recipe book I’ve received today. They all sound yum. Thanks again and hope you are well x

• posted by JessKirkpri1
    on

Hi Sheri,
    I second Sunshine’s suggestion of trialing goat and sheep products as I found those much more easily tolerated when my gut was compromised.
    Mad Millie male starter cultures and I use those too. So you can use any sort of milk you like to create yoghurt, kefir, white cheeses.

Please log in or register to post a reply.