D Day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by emma67
    on

So tomorrow my husband and I are starting the BSD. My husband is type 2 diabetic and is taking metformin and Im overweight and along for the ride ! Shopping is done. Meals are planned. Gonna do the weighing and measuring tonight. So we are set. If anyone has any last minute words of advice, I would be grateful.

• posted by KittyHoney
    on

Hi Emma67,
    Congratulations on your first big step towards a happier, healthier life! Planning your meals is key to keeping on track. I found that the first week is by far the hardest especially days 3 & 4, but stick with it and every day gets easier as your body adjusts. With this diet the focus is on what you can have rather than what you can’t have. I find that sticking with the recipes in the book means that I am getting the right amount of Fat/Carbs & Cals and therefore don’t crave anything or feel too hungry. So the best advice I would give is to try to stick with the book recipes if you can.
    I am now on week 3 and apart from the odd day dream about Salt & Vinegar Crips I do not miss any of the other foods I used to eat.
    Best of luck xx

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Emma67! Welcome to you and your husband — I love hearing about couples doing the BSD together! My sweet husband is very good about tolerating BSD dinners but I have sneaking suspicions that he carb-loads at lunch where I cannot see –LOL! You asked about last minute advice: I have just one good thought — NEVER quit — no matter how badly you might “blow it” (and most of us have at one point or another) just start again the next day. It’s not the single day that really matters, it is the overall change in eating and metabolism that finally makes the difference. It takes a while for it all to come together and you may have a couple of difficult days but don’t quit because the difficult days will pass and the overall journey is going to be worth it. I just hit the 16 week mark and I find my eating and habits are so different than before and I have strong belief that i can have a happy relationship with food in the future. Keep a journal — I found it very funny to read back sixteen weeks and see how much my attitudes and thoughts had changed! Good luck! Welcome!

• posted by emma67
    on

Thanks guys for the support
    Day 1 done and its been ok not feeling hungry and have managed to drink 3L of water.
    Tuna Steak and mushroom stirfry for dinner yum!
    Both managed to drink the 3L of water
    Good day

Please log in or register to post a reply.