Counting calaries

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Actionmum
    on

Hi I’m very new to this program. As I do not live very close to shops, I bulk shop mostly – once a fortnight. As you can imagine I have to make do with what ingredients I have at home. This makes it quite hard to follow all recipes both in the book on this site. So hence I will need to count my own calaries. What is the best way to go about this? Would appreciate any help.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi Actionmum, Well, you do not need to use the recipes to cut out bread, pasta, cakes and potatoes. You will need more fresh food though somehow if you are to truly “Mediterraneanize” your diet. Good Luck!

• posted by Stacey
    on

A helpful tool to count your cals and carbs is a phone app called MyFitnessPal. You can scan the barcode of almost all products and it will load the nutritional info straight in. It also has a really indepth list of all types of food. I do a lot of meals in the slowcooker and I just add them into the app as raw ingredients and let the app do the work 🙂 Hope that helps

• posted by Actionmum
    on

Thanks heaps Stacey for the information. The slow cooker method suits me as well. As I work long hours it certainly helps to be organized for the week ahead!

Please log in or register to post a reply.