Countdown to Christmas

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowser,I will aim for 20:4 fast and if I can do longer it will be a bonus🙂Sorry to hear u have sciatica,I have very occasional flare ups but am very lucky in that they never last long,Hope you get a decent sleep tonight.Dawn

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone – an early check-in for me today. Well, after all that rushing to the loo non-stop last week I thought I’d have at least lost a few lbs – but nope, I’m the same weight this morning as last time I weighed myself – 9st 4lbs. Having said that I’m happy enough with that as I had a birthday celebration this week. We’re living in an area with enhanced covid restrictions at the moment (as well as now the Rule of 6) so decided to just celebrate at home. My husband cooked both lunch and dinner (I kept low-carb but didn’t count calories – oh and I also had a bottle of real ale – a gift ?!?!? – so maybe not so low carb – didn’t check). Got in my 10,000 steps with a nice long walk, skyped with the kids and had phone calls from brothers. I didn’t get as many cards or presents as usual but it turned out to be just a lovely day.
    Mariet, – not sure if the 2 weeks away is work, holiday or family visit but hope it goes well.
    Yowzer – you’re so right about how much this way of eating improves your health. So many of my health markers have improved. It’s one of the things I keep in my back pocket and take out and look at when I’m feeling stuck or struggling a bit.
    Dawn – please don’t put a weight gain on that lovely sparkly chart. You can do it!
    Butterlover – sorry to hear about your stroke but I’m really glad you’ve joined us. For what it’s worth, my blood sugars which were very high when I was diagnosed T2 came down fairly quickly and long, long before I was at a healthy BMI. (I wasn’t on meds, like you I also refused Metformin). I believe it’s completely doable. xx
    I’ve got to go and get ready for our supermarket delivery – will be back later.
    Jenny xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, today is exactly 13 weeks to Christmas Day. Managed to drop the 1lb that had crept on for no reason. Just KOKO and this morning it has gone, plus a smidge more. Lets give this a big push. Even at a slowish pace I can surely lose 13 lbs before the big day. Where are you Jennie, my daughter is in Solihull and they are under special measures, hence my definitely not visiting at Christmas. So I am now getting into planning a Christmas at home, just the 2 of us. Hopefully, our local Michlin star restaurant will be doing take-aways like they did during the full lockdown. Or I will order the full meal from our local butchers or supermarket. That will be really different and something to look forward to. Have a good weekend everyone and keep on keeping on…

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi I would love to join you all on this journey. I feel that I have been flapping around in the wind this year …. up a pound down a pound …. you know the scenario!!
    Anyway, I need some form of real accountability and I can’t think of a better place to get that than here.
    It’s good to see so many familiar names especially as it makes me feel ‘normal’ and not a ‘failure’, although I know its not a word we like to use here.
    So, I’m with s-g with a modest loss per week, 1lb a week would be fine for me.During the last month I have only managed half of that!
    Tomorrow is ‘D-day’ and I will weigh, measure and log, not just myself but my food/drink. Then I will know exactly where I’m going wrong and the areas that need severe curtailment.
    So just 13 weeks to Christmas, a goal to work towards, we can make it count and go into the new year fitter and healthier.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks for your encouraging words Jennie🙂I’m going to try my very best not to have an add on my chart!I’ve managed a 22 hour fast since last night so am hoping that will set me back on track!I’ve never tried fasting for that long before,my longest TRE is probably 16:8 and I am amazed I haven’t got a migraine so will try to do it once a week until I’m at goal weight as long as I feel no ill effects.I have just been drinking water,but may have herbal tea as well next time.Feeling quite Christmassy already🎄 (sorry) looking at stuff online and it’s been mentioned a few times on tv so that should help me focus!Hope everyone is having a good day.Dawn

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI and welcome VERANO!
    Good to see so many of us here on the Battle of the Bulge Christmas Special Bus…
    Beep beep,watch out Christmas 2020!
    We will all be better inside and out come Crimbo Eve. Slinking into our Xmas jumpers and sparkly dresses!
    Couldn’t give ourselves a much better present than a well fitting wardrobe AND all those health benefits,could we.
    That will be at least ONE good thing about the year from hell!
    Ive not been * ultra* good this week,but careful enough to feel thinner round ribs and tum! My Carb Mobster is stamping her feet in rage.👹
    Make each day count, Countdowners! X
    Thought for the weekend…..No one can do it for me, gains and loss are my responsibility…
    🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻🌟🌻

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DAWN think you were writing same time as me,so I didnt see yr post til now..
    Thats excellent! ..drum roll!!………..A 22 hour fast! You go,girl! 🌟🌟🌟🌟
    That really is very well done and wont mess up your sparkly chart! X
    Christmas..normally in Sept Im saying…its too early!!!! Lets have autumn first and halloween and bonfire night
    But i think this year Ive felt cheered up by looking online for xmas prezzy ideas already..have even already purchased some,and I ‘m loving that parcels are now arriving!
    Im even thinking iofdoing some wrapping already..am I going a bit too far!? 🙂🙃 x

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowser😀 and I don’t think you’re going too far if u start wrapping this early,you are just being ultra organised👍👍👍👍👍 I have also ordered some presents already,due to arrive next week.It’s just nice to be able to organise SOME things at the moment!Dawn

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yes!YES! IDAWN I think youve put yr finger on it! Gives a sense of being in control of at least SOMETHING in these crazy days XXXX
    He he! I am deffo going to do some wrapping now youve given me permission! 🥳🥳🥳 xx
    (Can i be the first to wish you a very merry…no,no,sorry,I AM going too far now hehe)🥰🤗🥰🤗

• posted by ADD6605
    on

You enjoy your wrapping Yowser😀

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys,

Personally I haven’t started with Christmas pressie buying, in fact I was disappointed to see one store setting up a Christmas Display. – We have only just reached the point where daylight hours and dark hours are equal in the UK, and I only got the hay into the barn last week. – No plans to start feeding yet. – its months to go to the Winter Solstice and I don’t want to wish my life away. :-)))) Before I start on pressie buying (I only have one person to buy presents for that have to be posted.) it will be time to sit and write Christmas cards and letters. That’s my pleasure, getting an old fashioned pen and writing paper out and curling up by the fire to catch up with friends. – I do however indulge with a glass of port at the time.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi everyone and I’m getting back on the Battle of the Bulge Christmas Special Bus ( love it Yowzer) after spending a couple of nights away in York where I thoroughly enjoyed stepping off the bus! It does me good every now and again to have a break psychologically. Clothes did feel tight over the weekend but that will be water which will be gone later this week. Thirteen weeks to make a difference. I’ve walked a lot over the last couple of days but it was a mini holiday, the only one I’ve had this year so I wasn’t going to say no to nice food and drink. So back on the battle bus for me now. We are locked down again here and I think the next few months are going to be difficult, I am not allowed to meet a friend or any family inside or outside whilst the infection rates here are high. I’ll get my BSD shopping in on Monday and prepare myself for some strict days this week. It’s also soup weather which I love as its gone cold here in Stockport. I’ve enjoyed reading the posts and feel ready to dust myself down and move along the bus. Have a great weekend everyone, stay safe and let’s hope We can all help to get things get back under control with Covid.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh I love that mental picture of you JGWEN,sittin by the fireside,writing with a proper pen,while enjoying a drink!💖
    Thats a lovely Xmas tradition.
    Glad youve jumped back on the bus CCATHY,hold on tight! So pleased you enjoyed your mini holiday! X
    Onwards and downwards CrimboCOunters! Our health is more important than anything else. Be tough and stay strong! XX
    🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈 🎈💕🎈💕🎈

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Yowser, – I’d also like to jump on the Christmas Special Battle Bus as long as it’s a double decker and I can sit upstairs at the front. Be tough and stay strong – I like it!
    sunshine-girl – I live in the north-east so only a couple of weeks back into lockdown, although truthfully we (personally) have never really been out of it very much. I have family in the north-west and in Cardiff so now we’re all living under some additional restrictions. I have my youngest son in London (moved there a few months before lockdown) and 2 children n Canada. I’ve got a cancellable room booked in a local hotel for my youngest (single) son at Christmas. It worked for us in the summer but not convinced about Christmas – and not possible under current restrictions, so like you, it’s watch this space! xx
    Verano – it’s really great to have you on board. This time of year, like Cathy, I look forward to making soup and your pea, spinach and watercress soup is one of my favourites – got some defrosting as I write.
    Cathy – it’s good to hear you enjoyed your time in York (a favourite place of mine) and was able to have a few days off. I agree about the next few months so I’m determined to get my head down and by Christmas have my lifestyle fully back on track.
    JGwen – I really enjoy hearing about how you live, your awareness of nature and the passing seasons. Your comments about how you write out your cards has also made me think how I should do mine (last minute often after Christmas) differently this year, as well as maybe spending more time really trying to make each gift more personal.
    Dawn – great going with the fast – glad it’s helped keep you on the straight and narrow.
    Hope things are going well for everyone else and if not, tomorrow’s the start of a lovely, fresh untouched week – it’s all to play for xx.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JENNIE youre welcome on the Battle of the Bulge Bus! And yes Ive reserved that seat at the front,top deck,just for you.
    Our bus is probably the only place in the country where you dont need to wear a mask! Hurrah!
    I do hope yr youngest son can make it back for Christmas!
    Have you ever visited Canada,its one place that calls to me,wd love to spend time there X
    Ooh yes that soup of VERANO’s sounds delicious and sooooo healthy!🤗🤗
    New week on the horizon!!
    Keep happy minds BSD peeps,’one day at a time’ attitude,and meet the challenges as they present themselves!!XXX

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Woohoo – I’m in. Mind, I was known in my teenage years to dodge a fare or two!.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Oops, forgot the rest of my answer. Yes, we have family my generation over in Canada too. I’ve been to Vancouver , Victoria, Toronto, Niagra, Montreal, Quebec and to the Rockies. I really enjoy going. I’m sure you’d love it. xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh gosh JENNIE! how wonderful to have seen all those places * sigh* I really feel I must have lived another life in Canada,it sort of calls to me. Ditto the States.
    And its ok,free seats on our bus. Only thing necessary to qualify for yr place is to be doing yr best to battle the bulge! 😇XX

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone
    So this morning I’ve gone back and read what I’d written at the beginning of the year on the Vision for 2020 (or something like that) thread. This is it
    “My history is I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes in 2016. I did the BSD, put my diabetes into remission and lost 6 stone.
    In 2018, I regained over 2 stone, started the BSD again and by the end of last year I was back into a healthy BMI. (I’m currently 9st 2lb). My diabetes has remained in remission throughout and I’m confident about being able to continue to manage that.
    What I’m not as confident about is maintaining the overall lifestyle changes that underpin that. Although always low carb, my diet isn’t as healthy as it was at the start”…and for different reasons, like last year, things have “disrupted my exercise routines.”

Apart from now being 9st 4lb (having re-gained 10lbs during lock down and lost some of it) the above is all still true. So I’m re-stating my 2020 goals here. I’ve got 3 months to achieve them. I’m determined to do it.
    So, my goals are:
    1. to be consistent with my physical activity and exercise – week in, week out
    2. to eat healthily and nutritiously – getting the most bang for my buck from my food – I think someone said this in the BSD book
    3. follow a maintenance programme that includes drinking lots of water and time restricted eating – 18:6 or 16:8
    4. keep my weight steady – weigh every Friday, set a 3lbs gain trigger point – above this take action
    4. Do it all with a light touch
    My vision, as an older woman, is to be strong, heathy, lithe, free-moving and full of energy. I want to get back there.
    I’m going to channel Yowser’s ‘tough and strong’ and I’m going to use Esnecca’s Not One Step Backwards as my daily battle cry!!!.
    Jennie xx

• posted by alturn
    on

Hello everyone – I forgot to post yesterday, my one-week status update.
    Lost 4lbs – not that impressive for week 1 or so I thought, until I measured my waist. 2″ down!!
    It’s not all in the scales. I’m sure it’s mainly bloating lost, not fat, but still – my jeans don’t feel as tight.
    Keep on at it!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.Im happy to report a 1.5kg loss .mostly as I was sick but happy to report a full recovery.Im feeling really positive and keen to stay on track for Chistmas.I hope everyone is doing well .What day is weigh day in this group?best wishes to everyone

• posted by Verano
    on

Jennie thank you so much for reminder of the Vision 2020 Thread. I went back and read what I had written back at the end of December 2019 …. a post full of hope ….. little did we know ….. BUT …. there is still time to fulfil this year’s ‘Visions’ …. in part at least!
    At this very strange time I think we all have to be very strong. I guess we just have to get our health status into the best possible shape. So to that end on Saturday I got out my little notebook where I keep a record of my downfalls. I know what my weaknesses are so each day if I can tick them off as not having succumbed I’ve succeeded! Using this system at the moment and I don’t need to weigh or measure as I only eat TMAD.
    Ahh yes soup!
    I adore soup and soup definitely helps me through the winter months. Time for me to start cooking and freezing! Maybe next week!
    In the meantime, keep going towards your goal, keep faith

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,have been feeling pretty awful for last few days.Not sure if it’s been a kidney stone or kidney infection (I’m prone to both) but I’m relieved to have woken this morning after a solid sleep and my pain/discomfort has gone thank goodness.By the time it got to yesterday I didn’t care what I was eating as I was just feeling so rough.Haven’t had breakfast yet but having it soon,strawberries,f/f Greek yog and chopped nuts with cup of tea.Going to catch up on last few days posts now.Hope everyone OK.Dawn

on

Hello fellow countdowners

Stayed the same this morning when I weighed in but I am very happy with that result as I was away In York for a couple of nights and although my step count was up I didn’t eat BSD friendly food.

Am on the battle bus again and looking forward to getting back to BSD food this week and will hopefully be reporting a loss next week. My plan is to stick to 16:8, eat low carb and move more. I can’t do any more than that. I really do want to get at least 10 lb off before Christmas but I am not going to be too hard on myself. Times are hard with lockdown and not seeing family and friends. I will do my best. Yowser, maybe you could find us a quote about just doing our best. I love reading your quotes and find them really helpful.

Have a good week everyone, I feel that I got off lightly this week after what I ate in York! Phew!

• posted by Busybee
    on

I keep falling off the bus step and I haven’t lost any weight this month however I haven’t gained either. My weight is up and down the same few pounds and I must just get on with it!
    Well done to those of you are coping well and reading about your bus trips does help me to
    keep on trying.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Countdowners!
    BUSYBEE, doesnt matter if you fall off the bus,as long as youre at the next bus stop or the one after that,waiting to climb back on! X
    C CATHY..Youre so right about not being too hard on ourselves. We live in stressful times.
    Main thing is,we’re still here to live another day,and its enough to just do what we can manage on that day x
    Is this quote any help…
    “You may not be where you want to be, but you can look back and be thankful you’re not where you used to be.“
    (Joel Osteen)
    Or….
    “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again”
    ( Nelson Mandela )
    🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈 💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 🎈💕🎵🌷💕🎵👏🏽🎵😀 🎵 💕🎵🌷💕

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi everyone, great to see so many familiar names on here and so many new ones too 🙂
    I’m VERY late to the party but would love to join you all!
    I’ve had an up and down year, thanks to Covid, but have basically maintained, in that I’m the same weight now as I was in January – the only problem with that is I was overweight in January, and so of course am now (actually obese if I go by the BMI charts).
    I realised that there’s still 12 weeks to Christmas though, so still time to achieve a loss this year. I would love to lose 10kg By the end of the year, but I know that’s u likely to happen – I’m a slow loser, there’s a few reasons for that, and it took me 10 months to lose 11kg in 2017, so I need to be realistic. I’m actually not going to set a weight goal as such, but aim to stay on plan, stick to 800 calories a day doing 16:8 (which I pretty much have been doing all year anyway, 16:8 that is, not 800 calories!) and increase my exercise levels.
    Anyway I’ll be weighing once per week on Fridays, and will record measurements later today, so I’ll be able to track progress that way also.
    Deep breaths – after 3 years following this WOE I feel like I understand all the theory, know what I should and shouldn’t be eating, just need to put it all into practice and Just Do It!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    I just saw an interesting program on BBC2. I managed my usual trick of falling asleep in front of the TV, this time during Newsnight, so woke up to a program following a group of 4 people who were being fixed by going on a low carb diet plan combined with a cycling challenge. – OK it may not sound that interesting. But all had different health problems linked to a high carb diet. It included the result of before and after body scans, and interviews with a doctor who in Newcastle who has a reputation of being one of the UK leading lights on the benefits of eating low carb. The group of 4 also took on the challenge of taking part in a 100 mile bike ride 6 months after starting this way of eating.

There were snippets of information throughout that people may find helpful, for example a brief discussion on the changes in mood from ketones.

• posted by JGwen
    on

It occurs to me that some of us may be missing out on our WHY incentives. – We used to share information on special events we were using to spur ourselves on or even sporting events we wanted to get fit enough for. –

It only occurred to me today that lockdown means that the events which would inspire me to avoid straying from the driving seat on my wagon are not going to be planned for the foreseeable future. So maybe I need to set myself challenges to replace them.

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’m in outback NSW at the moment and enjoying myself hugely! No chance to weigh as we are camping but largely following the principles and eating 2mad. We’ll see what happens when I get home! On the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying this break from home, even the hunger pangs I am feeling at times.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

I started to sort my clothes and see what’s still going to fit.I discovered a silk dress that’s at least a size and a half too small that I’ve never worn.as It was the wrong season when I last lost weight and I never reached my goal.Since its spring here and the sun has been a bit warmer,I will target it to be my Christmas BBQ outfit.Another reason to stay on track.Good luck everyone

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hello everyone and a big welcome to all newcomers, including SueBlue, Butterlover, alturn and Verano. Plus anyone else I’ve missed. I’m thrilled with all the activity on this thread and feel guilty for not keeping up with it all! It’s been a busy week or two and I’m now supposedly having a couple of weeks off: I do part time freelance work from home, so whilst it’s not difficult to plan time out it can be difficult to be able to switch off completely.

But will pick up on a few things. Sorry to see Dawn that you’ve not been well, and hope you are feeling better? Alturn in your first post you asked if your planned weight loss was realistic and I would say definitely yes. it’s interesting your long term goal is 133lb as both Cathy and I started off at around the same weight as you and with the same end goal, so you’re in good company here.

And lots of posts about the why’s. I really resonated with what you said JGwen about many of us not having anything to aim for because of the times we are living in. And Jennie, I went back to my goals for this year (not posted on this forum) but have been pleased that some of them – such as exercise and work balance – have been achieved: but still working on that elusive target weight! So that is still my challenge for the end of this year. 133lb. I really need to pick up the pace though. I’m in a nice little routine now where I know how much I can “let myself get away with” to maintain – and it’s going fine but I’m not going to lose any more if I just plod along as I am. And my WHY is not really about numbers on the scales, it’s really to get rid of this long term extra layer of padding round the middle that I know is not good for me (and limits some of my wardrobe choices). So …. “must do better”!

Lots of love to everyone. Congratulations if things are going well for you and a supportive reach out if not. We’re all on this bus together – a motley crew perhaps – but will make the journey together X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DREAMSCOMETRUE..I like the idea of us being a motley crew on the bus!
    JGWEN do you remember the name of that programme please?
    A blustery windy wet day here in North West England. Will keep this short as not feeling too well today,hope e’ body is faring better than me,and has better weather!
    Hi to MARIET!BUTTERLOVER!and SUEBLUE! and all..Onwards and downwards girls! ( and boys)…XXXX 🍂🍃🍂🍃🍂

• posted by JGwen
    on

It was the fixing challenge. – Four challengers with 6 months to improve their health to undertake the RideLondon challenge.

• posted by Pepsidoodle
    on

Hello everyone, I stumbled onto this forum & loved your banter 😊 so I joined up … i have never done this before but if I may, would love to join your motley bus crew. I have been low carb for a few years then lockdown totally derailed me in spite of working through it ( nurse) & Had a couple of recent bereavements, my dearest friend died in August after a 3yr cancer battle … I am heartbroken … & I nursed my mother in law at home where she died peacefully with my husband & I present 2 weeks ago …. I am further heartbroken & the funeral is on Tuesday. So wanted to trim up for that. I’m doing 2 M.A.D. 16/8 daily fast really enjoying the chicken broth with some extra veg for lunch & a prawn or chicken stir fry for dinner. My downfall is resorting to red wine with dinner then can’t stop until the bottle is gone! … I know it’s emotional & not helping at all, but has anyone got any tips to help me out of this rut … I would greatly appreciate it xxx

on

Hi everyone and hope we’re all ok today? Yowzer you didn’t feel too good yesterday, how are you today? X

Pepsidoodle welcome on board!

Firstly I’m so sorry to hear about the difficult time you are having.Working in the health sector through all this must be incredibly stressful in itself, then you have your two sad losses as well. I think you’re amazing for even starting to think about getting back on track again so well done. It sounds like your food planning and preparation is going really well.

As for the wine, I can think of three ways to approach it. The first – probably controversial! – is to cut yourself some slack and allow yourself to finish that bottle sometimes, but not every night. Just now and again. But I’m assuming you share it with your husband so it’s not a whole bottle to yourself? Otherwise one of the next two options would be better!

So the second option is to reduce your drinking by only buying what you feel ok about drinking. So if it’s say a glass of wine every other night, then could you get those little bottles for now, the single serving ones? Just to break the habit. When it’s gone it’s gone – there is no more bottle to return to. Someone said on here – may have been caronl, can’t remember – it’s easier to say no once in the supermarket than have to keep saying no to the tempting item in your home.

The third option is to stop altogether. Perhaps add a label to it by joining Sober October. Just don’t buy it and don’t drink it. In some ways that could be easier than the occasional drink as it’s more clear cut. But I’m just not sure if now is the right time for you to do that with everything else that’s going on.

Anyway, good luck with however you approach it. It would also be good to find something else that you really enjoy drinking so that you have something else nice to look forward to after dinner.

Welcome to the motley crew, and do keep us posted as to how you’re getting on? X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,I’m feeling much better now thanks DCT tho it’s taken me a while to get back onto food plan.I am therefore delaying my Thursday 2 weekly weigh in until next Thursday so will just change the date on my sparkly chart🙂Have a good day everyone.Dawn

• posted by Pepsidoodle
    on

Dear Dreamscometrue,
    Thank you so much for your considered reply & kind words 😊 … I Will make a plan for after the funeral on Tuesday to avoid the vino altogether/zero/nil/nada … until then tho it is my sanctuary 😏 x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,for some reason,tho I ticked notify me,Im not getting notified!!..i m sure sbody else had this prob!
    Only a minor thing but it means Ive missed out on catch up…
    PEPSIDOODLE! Welcome on the bus!!! I love yr name.
    I echo DREAMSCOMETRUES wise words.
    Lost my own best friend,so I know how that feels.
    However youve had a double bereavement PLUS the stress of working all thru lockdown and beyond ( sincere thank you for that X not all superheroes wear capes,some wear scrubs X.) ….
    just be kind to yrself for now,have a drink,but not too much,not too long.
    As you said,its yr sanctuary- but just for the next few days. Then cold turkey like you said.Always folks here to off load to if it gets hard.X
    JGWEN!thanks for prog info X
    DAWN glad youre better..no dont mess up that lovely sparkly chart! X
    Im still feeling ropey DREAMS..but it will pass! Thanks for asking.X
    Heard this African proverb today..reminded me how we can help each other here on our journeys to better health and fitness…
    “ He who travels fastest travels alone,but he who travels furthest travels with others….so choose wisely“ X
    The weekend starts here folks! Enjoy! Beep beep !!! all aboard! 🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻

• posted by StarGazer
    on

Hello all. I’ve just signed up and started the diet today. Going to try for just lunch and dinner every day, Mediterranean/low carb. I’ll try for 800 calories but think I’ll struggle with that. Other goals are the gym 2 to 3 times a week (just joined). I tend not to use scales, but by Christmas I want to go from a size 20 to a size 16…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Stargazer! Welcome to the Countdowners Club! I love yr name X best of luck with yr plan 👍🏻👍🏻
    Come Christmas,we’ll all feel marvellous and it will be well worth swapping instant gratification for delayed satisfaction.
    And we will be miles ahead of all the New Year Resolution folks 💖

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quick one to say good luck all Countdowners as another week approaches!
    Dont forget…
    Doing something 75% of the time ( e.g., healthy low carby eating,exercise,meditating,countdowning to Crimbo) is better than doing nothing at all..yeh,each day aim for that 100% but you dont have to be perfect to see results… remember the old saying..
    (Norman Vincent Peale) — ‘Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.’🤩🌟🤩🌟🤩🌟🤩🌟

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,haven’t had a good week food wise (have basically stuffed my face with rubbish)since feeling poorly last weekend so starting afresh today.knew I needed to shock myself into getting back on track so weighed myself and ,not surprisingly,have gained weight.Will not let this deter me as there is still plenty of time for me to get to my goal weight for Christmas with the help of the forum🙂Hope you are all having a good day.Dawn

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DAWN the bus is waiting for you to climb aboard! 🚌 And so is the sparkly chart!
    New week,fresh start! XXX

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thank you Yowser,I’m aboard and all set😀 Dawn

on

Hi Stargazer and welcome! Great planning and best of luck. Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Pepsidoodle hope that everything goes as well as possible tomorrow. Will be thinking of you X

Welcome back on board Dawn. Glad you’re feeling better and hope that this week is a better one for you. I didn’t do so well last week either. Am taking a couple of weeks down time at home last week and this week, in place of going away anywhere, but last week I let that be an excuse to eat and drink too much of the wrong things. But today I feel fired up and ready to get my act together a bit more. I want to get back to some basic planning to make sure that my body is getting the nutrition it needs – as I’m doing more exercise now than I used to – whilst also keeping low carb and low cal. So onwards we go!

Someone asked about weigh days? I think we all do things differently on here, but I guess mine is Friday. I do weigh myself every day then on Friday I record (in my spreadsheet!) my lowest weight during the previous week. Is that cheating? Yes probably, but keeps me motivated!

Take care everyone and hope you all have some success this week, whatever your goals are X

on

Hello everyone

I have to admit to feeling a little lack lustre and I wonder if it is because Christmas might not be Christmas as we know it this year! Where I live in Greater Manchester the Covid numbers are frightening and we are days away from another potential lockdown announcement. I also fear that we won’t be able to get the Covid numbers down enough in 11 weeks to be able to celebrate Christmas with family and friends. There won’t be any Christmas parties or “Works do’s” This year and no sparkly outfits and I have to admit to feeling a bit down about it all.

I have been maintaining for the last few weeks yet again and can’t seem to motivate myself to push myself to lose more weight. I haven’t been on the scales this week. Anyway, I just thought I’d pop along to see how everyone else is doing and I wondered if anyone else felt like me.

I’m still on the bus with you all but I’m hiding at the back hoping the conductor won’t see me!

Have a good weekend everyone- I am concentrating on just keeping well and trying my best not to undo my hard work by going off the rails!

on

Hi everyone, I too am at the back of the bus watching what goes on. Sometimes a post resonates with me. Cathy it wont be the same but that is not a reason to just roll over. I dont know where you are on your journey but keep on doing what you have been, you seem to be coping well. As for no sparkly dresses. Who said. We are having a virtual Christmas dinner with our family with the laptop as our only guest at the table. I will be dolled up to the nines and, hopefully, in one of my fabulous cruise dresses. I will eat too much, although I could never face carbs but there are lots of other things like pate de foie gras, I even like melon and pancetta. It will have to do and it is only one year out of so many to come.
    The numbers in France are also out of control and being dealt with in regions, towns etc. We are so fortunate to live in a tiny village with no covid, everyone following the rules and nothing is closed down – but we still dont go very far besides the supermarket. We have just cancelled our dream cruise to Iceland but there will be others. Cruises we will enjoy rather than being afraid. As a famous yoga type person said This Too Will Pass. Keep the faith and look to the future.

on

Stolen from a blogger.
    Piglet asked Pooh to open his window and look up at the sky, and Pooh did so.
    “You see that sky?” Piglet asked his friend. “Do you see the blues and the golds and that big fluffy cloud that looks like a sheep eating a carrot?”
    Pooh looked, and he could indeed see the blues and the golds and the big fluffy cloud that looked like a sheep eating a carrot.
    “You and I,” continued Piglet, “we are both under that same sky. And so, whenever the Sad comes, I want you to look up at that sky, and know that, however far apart we might be physically…we are also, at the same time, together. Perhaps, more together than we have ever been before.”
    “Do you think this will ever end?” asked Pooh in a small voice.
    “This too shall pass,” confirmed Piglet. “And I promise you, one day, you and I shall once again sit together, close enough to touch, sharing a little smackerel of something…under that blue gold sky.”
    We all need a piglet in our lives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy DCTRUE!DAWN!SUNSHINE!C CATHY! and all Countdowners far and wide xx
    CATHY I understand where you are just now..I think maintaining’s ok,its damage limitation,because as long as you dont go up weightwise,you’re still bowling along on the bus and heading in the right direction!
    Just do yr best each day,hold on tight,and dont jump off the bus!
    Hopefully SUNSHINES wise words will make you feel better about Christmas. Lets put on those glad rags and celebrate as best you can 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    And just think how good those glad rags will feel when xmas rolls around in 11 weeks time. Realistically its long enough to be as much as a stone and a half lighter. Even just one pound a week is 11 Lbs down.Thats more than two big bags of spuds! And if youve ever tried carrying that many spuds,you’ll know how heavy that is!
    SUNSHINE-GIRL What a lovely comforting quote 💖 XX

Please log in or register to post a reply.