Could do with a bit of help and encouragement !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by stingle
    on

Ok so I’ve been on the BSD for 10 days – my fasting sugar has come down from 21.4 to 13.1 which is absolutely amazing ! I am exercising 3-4 times a week , have lost 2 inches of my waist am feeling so much better but have only lost a total of 4lbs. I assume this is because of the vast drop in blood sugar but could do with a bit of encouragement if anyone can add πŸ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Keep going stingle
    everyone loses weight at different rates, we are all individuals.
    Given that the main aim of this lifestyle is to help or even reverse diabetes, albeit through weight loss, your sugar readings are excellent for just 10 days in and that is mainly caused by fat draining from your liver.
    The weight loss will follow.

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

Sounds like you’re doing amazingly well to me. Be patient with yourself and trust the process. πŸ™‚

• posted by Kimgall
    on

Stingle, please, please, please keep at it!! Are you feeling hungry? Are you feeling unwell? You do understand that exercise will be building up muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat, don’t you?
    I have been doing this for three days now, and although I can’t tell you if I have lost anything, I can tell you that I have felt tired and achey … BUT I have had really low readings … first for a long time … I have not had any sugary bad carbs since Sunday evening … and although I have a little miserable, sniffling, whining little devil sitting on my shoulder, I have not succumbed!!! And nor will you!!!!!

You have got this far … DO NOT GIVE UP NOW!!! All of these people on this forum aren’t here for the sake of their health … oh, sorry … they are all here for the sake of their health … πŸ™‚ … and they are also here to get motivation for themselves … and to motivate others.

Do you think they haven’t had times when they’ve not been happy with their results in some way or another??? Trust me, they have!! But they have not given up … and nor will you!!

As Bill says, we are all individuals … we all will achieve our goals some way or another, as long as we keep at it!

One of the things I have learnt over the last three days is that I am doing this for my benefit … not anyone else’s. Be kind to yourself Stingle and look at what you have achieved … not what you haven’t!! x

• posted by stingle
    on

Thank you so much for all your replies and Kimgall – I felt quite miserable too on days 4 & 5 but it passes – My body has taken a beating with extremely high readings for the past 18 months and for the first time I have got below 14 so I must be doing something right!!! Its about time πŸ™‚

• posted by nidge64
    on

Hi Stingle.
    Keep going and you will see weight coming off soon as 800 calories is 800 calories so sometime soon you will see the benefits of BSD.
    As others have said don’t give up.
    Nidge

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

Kimgall.
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat, any more than lead weighs more than feathers. A pound is a pound is a pound. Where the misunderstanding often comes in is that muscle is much more dense than fat, so that, by volume, it seems to weigh more. That is, a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat.

Stingle. Don’t give up. If you follow the book right you will lose those pounds. Half way through week four myself and have dropped from 17st 4 to 15st 10. And I haven’t done anything extra in the way of exercise!
    Just keep trying the different recipe’s in the book or make up your own. It’s important to feel good about what you are eating as well as feeling well and losing pounds.
    Best wishes Shrinky.

• posted by Kimgall
    on

Shrinky, you are quite r … r … rig … sorry can’t say that … Shrinky, I understand where you are coming from and I apologise profusely for the misinterpretation of muscle being more dense than fat … therefore although Stingle feels he/she hasn’t lost as much as they would have liked, it could well be that they are not the same physical size as what they were when they started. Do I now have the correct understanding? In future I will try to think before I put my fingers to the keyboard!! πŸ™‚ I knew what I was trying to say!! πŸ™‚

• posted by stingle
    on

Kimgall and everyone Hello again – I am a 54 year old ex (hopefully) chocaholic lady – I do seem to have shrunk and I am without doubt fitter with the exercise which I love – I was just annoyed that my weight hadn’t dropped more – I have 2 stone to loose and have lost 4lbs in 10 days and as I looked on this forum noticed massive weight losses and wondered why I have had such a small one. Thanks everyone for the encouragement much appreciated and I intend to carry on in the hope that I am totally insulin free and can show the non believers ( and there are many of my friends and colleagues !) that they are too narrow minded for their own good!!!

• posted by CH
    on

Hi Stingle

I have been on this diet now for 10 days today and I have lost 6.2 lbs and 2″ off my waist. I lost 5.2 lbs in the first week but so far this week have only lost 1 lb. I have been doing more walking than I would normally do and I feel a lot better for it. I hope that by next Monday, as that is 2 weeks, I will have lost a couple more pounds. I haven’t been checking my blood sugar but I can feel the difference in myself, so as you say let’s show the non believers that it can be done and then some …

Good luck

• posted by stingle
    on

Thanks CH

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Stingle that drop in your blood sugar readings is staggeringly amazing!! Well done! 4 lbs off is 4lbs lighter than you were 10 days ago. You are moving in the right direction, so please don’t be discouraged. πŸ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Muscle does not weigh more than fat. A pound of anything is still a pound. The difference is that muscle takes up less space than fat so you look more lean but might weigh the same.

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

It’s doubtful that anyone would build up significant muscle in 10 days unless they’ve been pumping iron down the gym day and night on a high protein diet and steroids!
    But don’t let that put anyone of exercise. Any movement is good for our bodies.

• posted by Lady Penelope
    on

My weight loss has decreased this week, (11lb so far) now week 4, however I don’t feel deflated as I know I am going to lose some more in week 5 or 6 . I have not felt hungry and I am enjoying re thinking my recipes for more healthier options and I think because my mind is set will probably continue to do this after the 8 weeks.
    I am lucky that my husband and I are doing it together as we really supporting each other , but to all you undertaking this diet give yourselves a BIG pat on the back for all your efforts whether you have lost 2lb or 20lb
    Keep calm and carry on!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lady Penelope, 11lb is a fantastic weight loss – not far off a stone in a very short time. I’m enjoying the recipes too. Those coconut and gram flour flat breads are a god send πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.