Confused BS Rising

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Slimfast65
    on

Started the diet and was doing it wrong.
    After six days of doing it properly, my waking BS was 6.7.
    I was thrilled.
    Today, however, a week later it was 9.0?
    I thought once it started to drop it kept going.
    I am eating exactly the same things so no change there.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

I too would be really interested in the answer if anyone can provide one!

• posted by AnnieW
    on

If it’s just the early morning one it may be the dawn phenomenon. If you use the search box (top right) you will find posts on the subject. (No advice as not diabetic but have seen this asked many times.)

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Is the dawn phenomenon something to be concerned about? It’s still a high blood sugar after all…

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Very good advice from AnnieW to use the search box as a lot has been posted about it on this forum. I had it for a short time and it went away – never to come back again.

MrsThompson – this is just a bit of info about it which is relevant to our way of eating
    The dawn phenomenon is not necessarily something that needs to be fixed. It’s important to keep in mind that even though your fasting glucose may be elevated, you may have lower or normal glucose values throughout the rest of the day. Additionally, it’s not uncommon for patients reversing their diabetes through nutritional ketosis to experience the dawn phenomenon and still see improvements in their HbA1c. Why? Because HbA1c is a measure of your blood glucose over the last 3 months. The average value matters more than any individual blood glucose value.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Thanks krysia!

• posted by Slimfast65
    on

Thanks everyone :0) x

Please log in or register to post a reply.