Confused after GP consultation

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

I managed to get a GP appointment today for a meds review. He was amazed and asked what my secret was (in view of the low HBA1C, etc). He’d never heard of BSD.
    My BP was fine as was cholesterol and obviously a much lower HBA1C of 6.3. He actually said that this level is lower than he would normally treat for type 2.
    However, I’m still on 2.5mg BP tablet, 20mg statin and my Metformin has now officially been halved to 2 a day. I had hoped to stop these and plan to take the matter up with the nurse next week at my diabetic review for feet, weight, etc. My BMI is 27 now – still about half a stone to go to get to 25. I am left a bit confused when I seem to be in the best shape ive ever been yet still on meds!!

• posted by Timmy
    on

I’d try and take it up with the Doc/nurse again. It may be that they want to see a more sustained period of these readings before they take you off them completely. It’s a step in the right direction that you have had a reduction though! Keep it up.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hi Timmy, Yes I’m very grateful that by following BSD I’ve been able to reduce my numbers hugely and the excess weight. I’m on week 16 now and have no intention of stopping just yet. You’re right in that they probably want to see a sustained level of good numbers.

Please log in or register to post a reply.