Confused

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sharontina
    on

Hello all. I’ve been on the fast800 for 6 weeks doing 50g carb or under on 800 cals. I lost 10lbs in the first 3 weeks but nothing since. I re read the book and did some research and dropped to 30g/800 cals logging using MyFitnessPal. Still not really losing weight other than pound up or down. Any tips? I’ve got another 2 stone to lose. Getting a little disheartened as this is the first diet I’ve stuck to continuously The forum is great and I often have a browse for tips but I’m a bit stumped now about what to do. Here’s hoping for some wisdom

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

If you look in the Search for plateau you will find lots of posts on this subject. Weeks 3 and 4 are very common times to get stuck as the body is adjusting to its new weight and body constituents. This is usually the time when people give up. DONT. It will pass, just give it a few more days. There is also a thing about water whoosh which I dont fully understand but it is something to do with water filling up the fat cells and the body hanging on to that fluid. It will pass.

• posted by Sharontina
    on

Thank you so much. I will have a look using search 👍

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi

Judging progress only by the reading on the scales is a common error to make. – There are a lot of reasons why the scales do not show progress. – We are advised to drink a couple of litres of water a day. . 1 litre = 1 kilo. So that’s 2 kilos or 4.4lbs fluctuation in weight depending on where you are in your water in/out cycle each day.

The scales include the weight of the contents of your digestive system. Had 800 calories of celery, that obviously will weigh more than 800 calories of cheese.

All domestic scales, it doesn’t matter if they display their readings on a digital display or an old fashioned dial are just a mechanism involving a piece of metal under tension. – That piece of metal changes properties slightly depending on temperature and humidity. I can assure you living in a typical 100 year old Welsh farm house I have learned to not get upset about the increase that happens if I weigh myself when its raining outside.

Then changes is weight do not equal changes in level of body fat. – When your insulin levels are high it blocks other hormone systems from working properly. One of those hormones that can not work is the hormone which signals for your body to repair itself. At some point in your journey you will reach the stage where insulin levels are low enough that your body can start to strengthen bones and repair damage to muscles. Obviously stronger bones weigh more.

Its much better to measure progress with a tape measure and looking in the mirror, rather than by the readings on the scales. Buts here is tip number 2, don’t presume that weight loss will happen in the areas of your body you want to focus on, it often happens that shoe size changes and collar bones emerge before there is a change in the waists measurement.

• posted by Sharontina
    on

Thank you so much for your reply. I am obsessed with scales for sure and was on the verge of giving up. It does make entire sense what you say (I have 3 sets of scales in the search for the magical ones which go down not up 😂) I will continue onwards (or downwards) and make sure I measure tomorrow. Thanks again

Please log in or register to post a reply.