confirmation

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

hi can someone confirm when i look on nutrition values on packets of food etc
    it says carbohydrates and then underneath sugars which figure do i go by the total carbohydrates or just the sugars?

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Tokyo — don’t know where you live but in US it is carbohydrates MINUS the fiber for a “net carb” count. You don’t have to worry about the sugars if you track the carbs.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

its uk and on food packaging its carbs and sugars

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

UK packaging uses net carbs, so the fibre has already been deducted. The sugars is the proportion of the net carbs that are simple carbs, and the difference between the two is the amount of more complex carbs. It caused me problems when I first started logging my calories/carbs on CRON-O-METER, as that is obviously a US site, but I found out how to make the net carbs visible and just add the fibre to the carbs when adding a new food.

For the BSD I believe the limits people talk about are the net carbs.

• posted by Winifred
    on

Hello, I use cron o meter and find it whacks on the carbs which is alarming. How did you make the net carbs visible then add the fibre?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

In your profile there is a section at the bottom of the screen with all the nutrients in tabs, if you click on carbohydrates you can choose to make the net carbs visible in the column at the right hand side, you can also mess with your targets here if you want to make them more BSD friendly.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Oh and if adding a new UK food just put the carbs plus fibre total in the carbs box and the fibre in the fibre box, the net carbs are worked out automatically.

• posted by Winifred
    on

Thank you Mixnmatch,I’ll do that.

Please log in or register to post a reply.