Confessions!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Pendiente
    on

I have a confession but it has a very positive ending! I’m 4 days into bsd and enjoying it and finding it fairly easy to handle – not been hungry but struggled a bit after evening meal wanting something sweet. So far I’ve been quite well under my 800 calories and 50g carbs. Had a nice dinner tonight then driving to work for night shift and still craving I managed to convince myself that as I’d been so far within my goals I could afford to cheat with a small bar of chocolate. So I stopped and bought one and decided to wait till I got to work and have it with a cuppa. The cuppa didn’t come until 2 hours into my shift by which time I realised I was no longer craving sweet stuff!! Wow!! However, I did eat about half of it, felt so bad that I didn’t enjoy it and threw it away! Ok bad that I bought it and then went ahead and started to eat it even after realising I didn’t want it BUT I honestly think I’ve learnt a lesson about cravings this evening and instead of obsessing when I crave sweets/carbs I will find some distraction techniques for half an hour and save myself the calories and guilty heart ache!! It may seem a minor victory but to me it’s massive as I always crave sweet things after a meal – well chuffed!!

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Congrats on the victory and not such a minor one. I’m doing something quite similar about taking the time to think and then making a thoughtful decision. Then eating the item if I’ve really thought about it. In the past I could mindlessly eat a variety of food. Or out of habit could pick something up with my tea. Varying the routine also helps. Simply sitting in a different chair or a different room can break a food habit. Or using left hand to eat rather than right! I think the mindfulness part of this way of eating is so vital. There’s a thread going on about it that your experience would be really worthwhile sharing.

Please log in or register to post a reply.