Completed 8 weeks …..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

and the results?

Lost 27 pounds. BMI from 40.9 to 36. Fasting BG from 10.9 to 5.3.

Waist down 10 inches.

Down 2 dress sizes, from 22/24 to 18/20.

I’m going on holiday for a few days in March (4 nights in Prague) so am continuing with this until then. Will be careful when away, then back on this when I get back as I’ve still a lot of weight to lose.

• posted by nangemac
    on

Well done, that’s fantastic and great inspiration for us new starts. I’m on day 6 and have lost 5lbs so far, delighted with that.

• posted by AnnaJennings
    on

Well done ! Will be interested as to how you manage the holiday as I have one looming in March, good luck.

• posted by paula121s
    on

Thats great news. You should be thrilled with yourself. Just started 2nd week and think it’s going well, will hopefully make it as far as you have. Well done.

• posted by Curly
    on

Very well done to all of you, for completing and still going, I plan to start on Monday, and after reading different posts must say that I am very much inspired and spurred on

• posted by Debsym62
    on

Well done that is really great. Four weeks left for me I hope I do as well as you.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Anna, I’m wondering that myself. I’ve never been to Prague so no idea what meals will be available. It’s only 4 nights so hopefully it’ll be ok. Looks like some protein available at hotel breakfast. Just have to make best choices from what is available. Fortunately I don’t drink alcohol so that won’t be a temptation! Exploring should be good exercise! Might food shop in market/supermarket and sneak back into hotel 😃. Outward flight is 2pm so will try to get good meal at airport beforehand. Flight back is 12.30 so will try to get meal at airport – if not landing back in UK 13.45 so could eat on arrival. Just one more thing to try and plan LOL. Thinking I could have picked somewhere better for this holiday LOL.

I’m keeping careful records, so will see how it goes 😊

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Thats a brilliant result and a real inspiration to others just embarking on this journey.
    Well done, let us know how you get on with the maintenance plan.

• posted by catlady
    on

Well done captainlynne-this is so inspiring to read-10 inches off your waist…I hope I achieve something like that, it would be smaller than my hips then! Enjoy your holiday , and congratulations.

• posted by Reynards
    on

Prague is wonderful but when I went there was lots of goose and dumplings! Suggest you take some nuts with you.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Reynards. I’m staying outside the main tourist area but it looks like there are lots of different types of restaurant in the area, hopefully I can find something. Otherwise the market/supermarket and smuggle something back to my room.

• posted by gateofheaven
    on

Congrats! I’m entering the 6th week and am planning ahead. My very knowledgeable and supportive doc told me to go to 5/2 after the 8 weeks because he didn’t think I was getting enough good nutrition in the 800 calories that I was eating (he saw my food diaries and i am trying to be thoughtful). How do you think your nutritional needs are going? Any suggestions? I’ll still have a good 90 pounds to go. I’ve lost 22.6 pounds and 4″ off my waist, so hopefully i’ll approach your numbers by the end. Down one dress size (24 to some 22’s) and blood sugars went from 112 to 83. I’ve just been told i can exercise a little bit now – so i think that should make a difference. But i must do it in incremental pieces.

• posted by gateofheaven
    on

My doctor is watching my thyroid. i take Nature-Throid. He said that limited calories can negatively affect the thyroid, but so far it hasn’t. That’s one of the reasons that he doesn’t want me to continue the 800 calorie ‘bootcamp’ after the 8 weeks. but wants me on the 5/2.

Please log in or register to post a reply.