Coffee

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lauradawn
    on

Hello – i really love my coffee. not excessively but a few cups a day. since reading the book i have stopped having sugar or agave syrup in it and started sweeter, but this morning i read that sweeter is rubbish for you too. Any suggestions? tried just not having anything sweet in it but it’s not the same!
    p.s – dropped a perfectly poached egg on the kitchen floor this morning – :/

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Aw Laura, I’m so sorry about your egg!
    On the sweetener front, evidence is apparently emerging that some sweeteners can raise blood sugar levels, thus having a negative effect on weight loss, amongst other issues. Stevia is supposedly a natural plant-based sweetener which you can buy as tablets and apparently doesn’t have any side effects. Personally, I don’t like the after taste but its an individual thing. I use Splenda as it was recommended by Rose Elliot in her low carb vegetarian recipe book and I find the after taste with that is better. Rose says it is made from sucrulose so is better than most others but not as quite good as Stevia. Aspartame is said to be the one to avoid at the moment with the jury still out on xylitol and others.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

What I’d give for a latte just now…

• posted by lauradawn
    on

Thank-you so much for this, i will away now and see what kind it is i have.
    and thanks for the sympathy re the egg – i almost cried!!!! dog was delighted!!!

• posted by Chameleonbeetle
    on

You might need to retrain your palate to unsweetened or low sugar. I slowly cut down my sugar in my coffee down to one of raw sugar, my tea was easier. I had always used sweetener and just changed to it’s stevia version. The hardest change I had was getting used to almond milk, I missed the heaviness that cow’s milk gave coffee.

Please log in or register to post a reply.