cocnut flour and fat

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by eghime
    on

Hello, I have just started the diet but am a little concerned about using coconut flour as it is very high in saturated fat. I am worried that my cholesterol levels will go up. Is there a recommended maximum amount of this flour that can be used, say weekly?
    Many thanks

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi eghime
    Welcome to the BSD forum, great to have another recruit to the diet and the forum. This diet is not low fat, but the exact opposite – even saturate fat. What you do need to watch with coconut flour is the high calorie and high carb content. However, if a dish incorporating coconut flour fits into your 800cals everyday, it’s fine, but because of the high calorie and carb content of this flour, it is unlikely you will want to use it that frequently, but more probably once or twice a week maybe.
    Hope you will be posting results and using the forum for support and tips as your journey progress.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

You don’t need to worry about saturated fat in any food. Firstly, Coconut products suffered very badly during the ‘fat is bad for you’ campaign but is actually one of the most beneficial fats you can use. Secondly, saturated fat does not cause cholesterol, trans fats do. Again, this was a piece of misinformation from the bad old days.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Irena
    We don’t like spammers on these forums. We get rid of them. I have reported your post. It will be dealt with tomorrow.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Janet – I’ve reported it too.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Excellent, thanks capitano!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Our team are great aren’t are they? Gone already. Thanks team!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi janet and lynne, it must have gone very quickly because I saw your posts saying you had reported a spammer saying it would be dealt with tomorrow (now today) but there was no trace of it last night. So well done you two and well done the tech team 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.