clothing again

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

I am always shopping for clothes. Stuff gets too big at a rate of knots!, I live in the country so shopping in thrift stores as well as normal shopping for clothes is challenging. I do some shopping in nearby city from time to time with better results. Keeping myself clothed while on a budget is both challenging and fun as I enjoy the challenge. I am having to think ahead, what will I wear in 6 weeks time etc. Luckily I have been able to offload better items in a friend’s pre loved clothing shop. I have a credit there so that will be handy to use as I go down in size though choices are limited as most of her garments are size 10, 12 and I am no where near that yet. It can be expensive replacing clothes every few weeks. When I hit maintenance there will be a shopping frenzy albeit a considered one.

For those of you facing similar sartorial challenges my tips are to make sure you have a few fitting basics, also find clothes that stretch as they will fit for longer, don’t forget to replace lingerie and keep it simple. Splurge on shoes and handbags if you want a real treat!

I happily bought two new swimsuits. Though they will have to be replaced in a few months, they simply can’t be worn too big!

I am on my favourite topic again. Any tips, comments appreciated.

Bigeater

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Hey bigeater this is one of my favorite topics 🙂 I buy skirts with waistband that can be altered to accomodate elastic – i.e. can thread elastic band through so I can get longer wear out of them – oh and of course my favorite diaper/nappy pins for holding them up! One thing tho’ careful about splurging on shoes – for most of us losing a lot of weight – shoe size changes as well –

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi Lucky Linda,

Thanks for the advice about buying shoes. I think I will wait a while before buying more. Sent off more stuff to charity today. It is hard to keep up! Not everything can be altered or salvaged so off it goes. It is a very fluid wardrobe. Look forward to being a stable weight so there is a bit less trickiness involved!

Bigeater

Please log in or register to post a reply.