Close to half way through the 8 weeks…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

…and lost 1 stone. Sleeping better. Energy levels good with some times when I feel very very tired quite suddenly. That could be to do with the two jobs I work, the three teens and the animals I run round after though! Not diabetic but pre and with a family history of type 2 . I am still about 2 stone overweight. I just started week 4 and am hoping to lose another stone in the rest of the period. Will then see how I feel about carrying on.

I cut all processed carbs and added sugars at the beginning of 2016 but lost no weight as my portions just got bigger. These portions are teeny but I am feeling better all the time. I do have to keep myself well away from the kitchen after supper time though as I am at risk of tidying a few morsels here and there into my mouth!

I like this plan though. And it really works.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

You’re doing well Pollygarter. I used to get crazy hunger pangs at about 8pm every night. A cup of tea was my saviour – in fact it still is! Keep persevering – it’s definitely worth it.

• posted by catherine80
    on

Wow that’s great, congratulations! I’m starting today and also have about 2 stone to lose to reach a healthy weight (although realistically I’d like to lose 3 to get to my ‘happy’ weight). I’m also pre diabetic for the second time after my diet went down hill while I was pregnant. I intend to stick with the diet as long as it takes although I’m going on holidays in 7 weeks – hopefully I’ll have got in the habit of eating smaller, healthier portions by then so I won’t over indulge too much!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Catherin80
    You should be able to make good progress in 7wks and as long as you keep control of your carbs while you are away, you should find that you don’t gain too many pounds back while you are way. I returned a week ago today, from ten weeks way mostly in Turkey and had only gained 3lb in that time. Started back on the BSD on Monday and have already lost half of my gain.
    Good luck with your quest and keep us all posted on your progress. Don’t forget to shout out if you need help or support, because someone will definitely respond.

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Hi all

Just tipped over the midway point and lost another 1lb last week. I am disappointed as I felt I was completely on it but for one night when I had a few people over and I ate a normal portion.

It was baked Fish with Greek salad though. So pretty good. Oh, and um a slither of lemon tart. Which I was craving and tried not to serve to myself but just have some fruit and it fell in my dish. Oops. It was too sweet. Bit shocked about that as I love puddings. Or should I say loved.

These changes are surprising. Just signed up for a ballroom and Latin dance class with the fella which will help as well as be a lot of fun I hope. I dog walk and garden and swim occasionally too. Trying to build up a short exercise routine but I’m a bit rubbish about being consistent with that.

Onwards!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Pollygarter – well done on hitting the mid point and dropping another pound. Don’t beat yourself up for the small transgression, you still lost so all good and you need a little variation sometimes. It is surprising how things you used to eat happily, suddenly seem much to sweet once you have been on the BSD for a while.
    Well done on the exercise regime too – better than I am doing, it is something I really need to sort.

Please log in or register to post a reply.