Class of 2019 – new thread?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I have been having an occasional read of the forum posts. Many familiar names but equally a number who were of the crew in 2019/2020 but now absent. They may have cracked it and be happily maintaining (bravo!), but I’m half hoping some like me might have “regressed” or still not quite be there…We are all different in what spurs us on and I do not feel drawn to the current regular threads. Really each to their own so whatever works but I do look back fondly to what seemed much more practical posts – ie meal plans, recipes, hints and tips, which all of course came with encouragement but with a different “vibe”. So anyone wanting to focus on that kind of thing and who has been more off than on the forum, maybe here is a space? Starters for 10 from me are some suggestions for meals for one or which can be portioned up and frozen. I want to banish food waste as well as kgs. For example, how to use feta that can then be frozen. In soup?

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi sixturkeys I wasn’t part of the class of 2019 but I do remember you. I love cooking so am always up for new tips. Sorry I can’t help with the feta but I do make a broccoli soup with Stilton which I freeze so maybe a tomato soup with feta????? Not sure but I’m sure somebody will comment.
    I’m with you when it comes to food waste and I’m really doing my best not to throw anything out.
    Recently I’ve been making cottage pie with a cauliflower topping instead of potatoes or even a cauliflower and broccoli mash which has far more ‘texture’. I add lots of spices and Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste and chilli to the meat to make it really savoury and must admit it’s better than the original full of potatoes! It’s great to freeze in portions as well.
    Hope some of your ‘pals’ from the class of 2019, or earlier, join in.
    In the meantime, welcome back, have a good journey.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi sixturkeys, good to see you here. I predate 2019, but we still overlapped. My favourite meal for batch cooking and freezing is ratatouille – I often do a tray bake of chicken portions on top of a mix of courgette, aubergine, a little onion, red peppers, garlic, and a tin – or so – of tomatoes. Roast for an hour at 180c.. I freeze the left overs, or sometimes whizz the vegetables to make a thick winter soup. Take care.

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Hi 6 Turkeys
    Have been thinking about you and whether you’re now down to 3or 4 Turkeys. Don’t want to be personal / offensive, just genuinely wondered how you were getting on.
    I often wonder how some of the names from the past are getting on. ( Captain Lynne, lucky Maneki, Canada Liz, Bill amongst others) and there are so many more.
    Hope they are all doing well / maintaining or whatever they need to do.
    So many of them I found were ( and still are an inspiration ) particularly to those of us who spend time looking on the forum but not always posting.
    Currently feeling complete s**t with Covid but at least am hitting water target for once.
    I’d like to set another aspirational goal of 5 kg off before end of December.
    Take care everybody x

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi MagicBean
    When you say feeling complete s**t do you mean because you have/have had covid or “just” the lockdown etc? If the latter, I completely understand; if the former I hope you are getting through….I am still with excess poultry (though less than when I started), so a goal of 5kg by end 2021 would be great and I could use a buddy (the forum has changed and the oomph it provided doesn’t seem quite there for me at the mo….). So let me know if we can partner up…

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Hi 6T and Evening All ( -shades of Dixon of Dock Green- random thought for the day)
    Am feeling complete s**t due to contracting bloody Covid. I am v grateful to be double jabbed and I’m sure I’ve a relatively mild dose compared to many others but it’s not a pleasant experience. Worst is trying to regulate temp – I’ve been over 38.5 and really low too. Thankfully not all the time.
    I have been v good about drinking lots of fluid over the last week or so but macros haven’t been what they should. ( tbh can’t do diddly squat about that ATM till I’m released and allowed back out again. Frustrating! Longing to get out walking too – but again I will need to be patient.)
    6T – you were one of the people who inspired me to stop lurking and join in. I’ve had a fair few curve balls thrown at me over the past few years – partners v serious illness on several occasions amongst other crap. And we’ve all had the general Covid lockdownns restrictions to battle.
    Let’s all aim high ( or rather lower in kg terms but temper it with kindness towards ourselves. Let’s rekindle the mojo flame ( mine’s a very light squib ATM, waiting to be revitalised when I’m out of quarantine)
    Very grateful for all support on the forum – messages just sometimes resonate don’t they ? and would love to help you be a smaller turkey 🦃
    Bean ( not so much ‘magic’ as ‘has’ bean ATM!)
    Onwards – limpingly at minute.

Please log in or register to post a reply.