Clarification on calorie count in recipes in the book

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wellman
    on

Under Brunch, on page 192 the Veg Fritatta states 320 calories and the recipe serves 2.
    Is the calorie count for the entire recipe or for one portion – I.e. Half the recipe?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Wellman

On page 183 of the book it says that all the calorie counts are for one person. However, there are a couple of other threads on the forums you might want to check out discussing the same thing. Generally we have concluded that for accuracy, you are better off doing your own calorie counts using and on-line calculator.

All the best to you.

• posted by ResearcherDarwin
    on

I noticed, Wellman, that the calorie counts in the book are lower than on my phone ap, usually close, but still lower.
    I know we are led to think the count is for each person but my experience is different. I have found that if the book says the recipe serves two then the calorie count is for the total amount of food.
    I make my own luncheon veggie frittatta with some cooked veggies and one egg. I make it all in the microwave. Quick and hardly any cleaning involved. I use low cal veggies and add plenty of garlic. Tastes great. My phone ap calculates the carbs and calories if I feed in the quantities of veggies I have used.
    There are heaps of easy low-cal-low-carb recipes on the internet. And you can find some more in the Recipes section on this website.
    Have fun cooking, and I hope you achieve your goal.

Please log in or register to post a reply.