Carbs / protein / fats

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cakebaker
    on

Hi
    I’ve started my new healthy way of eating and some exercise following lovely recipes from 8weeks blood sugar diet recipe book.
    I have MyFitnessPal app and would like to know what would be a good proportion of each. Thank you.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

hi cakebaker, this question get asked lots so a search at the top right of the page should help. Also someone else is currently asking the question and has received an answer – post just called Carbs, posted today should help.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Cakebaker, just read your profile. Regarding your diagnosis you have come to the right place. You really need to take this seriously, take it from me. If you need any more specific advice just ask.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Verano
    I am in my 60s, and have read this article that recommends higher protein intake for older people ..
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1525861013003265
    This study talks about 1.2 g per target kg for older people in order to maintain lean body mass – rather than the 0.6-.0.8 range that is often mentioned. This would give me about 54g a day protein which is much more in the range that I am currently eating. I can still stay within 800 at this amount and lose weight. It will be interesting to see future research into protein guidelines for older women in particular as the thoughts around this vary. 😀
    Cheers Merry

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks Merry. I will certainly take a look at the article. I’m a little older than you so I guess I can have ‘more’!
    I posted that article because, for me, it gives nice clear, if rough, guidelines to the amount of protein per portion/grams of protein source. I have always struggled slightly with the macros but I’m re-reading Jason Fung ‘The Obesity Code’ at the moment and it’s fascinating. Maybe first time around I found it a bit too ‘in-depth’ but now it’s almost like a ‘light bulb’ moment!

Please log in or register to post a reply.