Can't find things on the site…BMI calculator…MRI of Michael

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Matrika
    on

Hi I am new here and am wondering how I am missing things on the site. I am reading the “8 week blood sugar diet” for the second time and there are mentions of things here I cannot find…BMI calculator and also an MRI of Michael when he was a TOFI…not sure where they are?

• posted by DarwinBabe
    on

Dear Matrika,
    There is an easy to use BMI calculator at this site http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/
    I get newsletters from this site in my email. I find some quite helpful.
    You might enjoy watching this YouTube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDEw561NFto Insight Episode 4. The picture of his visceral fat is shown at 1.53.
    Persist. Most people experience some success. Some people achieve lasting and amazing success – but not all.

• posted by Matrika
    on

Thank you!
    I do have access to BMI calculations and know well what mine is…

In the book it is clearly stated that these things are supposed to be on this site and I am wondering why are they not here? or am I misreading…?

Also it mentions there is an anonymous way to track one’s progress with the blood glucose diet on this site and I can’t see where that is here either. How does one track one’s progress here?

I don’t intend to be contentious, just am tying up loose ends in my own mind from the book. I’m an ex editor…these sorts of things distract me.

I am tracking my progress at another site that allows input of weight and measurements…the 5:2 diet site, since I am unable to find a way to do it here…

I do not see either a way here to contact an admin person so that I could have raised this less publicly off the forum, hence the thread.

• posted by susieb
    on

Hi,

Here is the MRI of Michael – under the tab Blood Sugar Diet/Michael’s Story:
    https://thebloodsugardiet.com/michaels-story/

I also wish there was a way of contacting admin.
    I’m so confused about the supposed ratio of carbs/protein/fat. The term ‘low-carb’ is so vague. The presumption of followers on this site of being under 50g carbs to go into ketosis doesn’t seem to be officially mentioned on this site or in the book. (Although this seems to be working for folks). I’ve inputted some of the daily menus from the book into MFP and the carbs vary from 45g to 80g.
    The only definite figure I can find in the book is the standard recommendation of 45g protein for women and 55g protein for men per day. (If I’ve missed something, please let me know!)
    So, based on that, I’m trying for 50g carbs, 45g protein and the rest fat. I’m using MyFitnessPal to track.

• posted by DarwinBabe
    on

I am sorry I misinterpreted your question.
    You are absolutely correct that those things are not on the site. Possibly the MRI has some sort of ownership issue attached to it???? And the calorie tracker has definitely never been added. A few other people have asked about that. Maybe it was a bit expensive or beyond the skills of the website designer. Mistakes sometimes happen for other reasons too. Fitbit are advertisers on this site so that could be a factor. Probably a better editor might remove the mention of these things from future editions of the book.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hello guys to contact the team scroll down to the bottom of any page and on the right there is a contact us link. click that and you will be taken to an email page to send your message.

• posted by susieb
    on

Thanks, Bill, well spotted! Your eyesight is much better than mine…:)

• posted by Bill1954
    on

LMAO
    4 vitrectomy ops and 2 cataract replacements would beg to differ but happy to help and thanks for the compliment 😉

• posted by Matrika
    on

Just found my way back here…thanks guys!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Matrika
    hows it going for you ?

• posted by Matrika
    on

Well, very early days Bill, thanks for asking. I am have some macadamia nuts right now because I have no idea about my calories and I know they contain protein and fat so figure I am safe.

I really do have to get the calorie thing sorted because I need to bounce between an IBS FODMAP diet which precludes some things and also stay on the low end of the natural chemical food charts…so today…challenging. I was shopping from the recipes in the book today but when I checked back with the FODMAP app (it’s brilliant) then I had to keep putting things back on the shelves and into the freezer.

I’ll make it, am just a bit confused today and may eat a bit of yoghurt for dinner after the nuts and hope I can get calorie counting for my substitutions tomorrow. I can’t eat much avocado but I can eat avocado oil (for example) and have quite a lot of these sorts of parameters to work within…so I am trying to figure out what’s good to replace with what still.

I guess I am still in the planning stage although I am trying to get started I think I need to plan more carefully for shopping…not something I am very good at!

Thanks again! I’ve kind of stopped talking about food generally because I have become one of those boring people who have so many “no go” foods but it makes such a difference to my well being that I keep on the straight and narrow all the time now.

• posted by susieb
    on

LOL, Bill! Talk about putting my foot in it! Glad you saw the humour in it…*blush*

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Sounds like you are getting a plan together.
    One piece of advice, don’t overthink it. I see lots of people worrying about calorie counts, protein percentage etc.
    Myself and quite a few others started this just by cutting out the simple carbs and enjoying delicious food found both on this site and the rest of the net. It doesn’t take long to learn what you can and can’t eat.
    Keep it simple and the results will come.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

susieb no problem.
    I know the state my eyes are in and I’ve learned to live with it. I take comfort from the fact that it could have been much worse. I’ll be forever indebted to the team at Newcastle eye hospital for the brilliant work the have done to save my sight.

• posted by Bizibee
    on

Bill, that’s useful advice not to overthink it. I’ve been on the 5:2 and after a few weeks you get fed up of all the thinking and then you start to have the same things all the time. Next step is carb creep! Better to keep it alongside MM’s suggestions with a bit of variety here and there. Matrika, Avocados are so nice, lovely to have diet that includes them, isn’t it? Delish chopped up with prawns and a little olive oil and black pepper.
    A food I have difficulty with is apples as I really like them, especially with yogurt or cheese. But they have a lot of carb. I have to keep them down to a sensible number in the week, maybe only half a one at a time.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great advice Bill. In the past I’ve tied myself up in knots (I know, picture in head LOL) trying to combine ‘expert’ advice with major slimming clubs or the latest diet book.
    It did not work.

This time I’ve gone with the KISS principle and made it as easy as possible.

I write everything in a small notebook I can keep with me. I do use pre-packed deli products (checking ingredients) which are a life-saver when I’m too busy or tired to cook. Boiled eggs are always in the fridge. And cheeses (25g at a time). I’ve discovered a great hummus in M&S – again, 25g at a time.

• posted by Matrika
    on

Thanks everyone and especially bizibee for the link to the ketogenic site, really helpful.

• posted by YayaM
    on

Just go to fast diet.com.uk & you will find the BMI Calculator . YayaM

Please log in or register to post a reply.