Can I use barley to replace lentils?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by dizzy030
    on

Hi! I have just started the Fast 800 diet and have been using recipes from the book to find my feet. There is a recipe for spicy chicken and lentils, which uses 200g green lentils. Does anyone know if it would be OK to swap them with barley instead? I know barley has a low GI, but am not sure if it’s suitable for the diet. Any help would be appreciated!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

HI there, check out the nutritional data on this page. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/recipe/1222636/0

They are quite different and go well together but you can eat any food you like within reason the recipes are examples, I have never used any of them, yet. Once you start to study what is in the foods you et you will become quite expert in a short time. Mr Google has been asked about this before. Good luck and happy eating and cooking…

• posted by dizzy030
    on

Thanks for the info. I spent ages on the website you recommended – it really helped!

Please log in or register to post a reply.