Can I snack on whole fruit?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nelliespar
    on

Just started the 800 BSD today. Can I have a snack of a pear or apple?

• posted by Frog
    on

Both pears an apples contain probably more carbs, calories and sugar than you think – but as long as you build that in to the calorie allowance.

Using FatSecret, MyfitnessPal or other online calorie & nutrition calculator to log all of your food is a good way to learn about calorie and carb content of foods that you regularly eat.

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

I bought some f fruit jellies in little pots yesterday, and they only have 6 calories per pot. I bought a couple to try.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Nelliespar I generally half an apple at a time now, it staves off the hunger until the next meal. Cheese or nuts are Med-friendly but quite high in calories so hard to fit into 800 as an extra snack. I also like a cup of home-made vege soup or chicken broth, they can work out to be only around 20 cals and soup empties from the stomach more slowly than solid food (I have no idea why, you’d think it would be the other way, but it’s true) so it can keep you going.

• posted by Nelliespar
    on

Cheers folks. So the little Hartleys jelly pots are ok to eat if your within your calorie intake?

Please log in or register to post a reply.