Can anyone advise please?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by penelope59
    on

I’ve just read the book and am really eager to get going, but can anyone tell me the rules regarding milk? I’ve never really been a fruit/peppermint tea type person and will really miss my morning coffee. If I include it within my 800 cals is it allowed? I’ve only really found one mention of it in the book which mentions an occasional coffee with a “splash” of milk.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I don’t see why not, after all the point is to get your calories from fats instead of easy to digest carbs.
    I still use milk and I’m losing weight.

• posted by Aliba
    on

I had two flat whites from Costa last week and still lost weight!

• posted by penelope59
    on

Thanks for that, it makes it a bit more do-able!

• posted by Squidgy
    on

Hi Penelope – yes I plan in 200ml semi skimmed milk each day – approx 100 calories which I use for tea & coffee through the day (I make a big pot of filter coffee in the morning and have a cup before work and take the rest in a flask!) I really think it helps stave off the hunger. Once I’ve finished my milk allowance I go on to peppermint/ cinnamon or ginger tea (I love the Pukka teas – they are so full of flavour)

Good luck

• posted by Cazzowary
    on

Michael posted on this site to say that we can use milk so long as you include them in the 800 calories, thank heavens! I’m not a fan of herbal teas either so a few cups of tea with milk help get me through the day. Good luck 🙂

• posted by dvpeace
    on

I have also been trying alternatives – such as Almond milk and Soya Milk – less calories and less sugar. Interestingly – milk is one of the few things you give to Type 1 diabetics to maintain their blood sugar when they go low – it has a long acting effect.

Please log in or register to post a reply.