Calories

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Grimble
    on

Is there a reliable place to get accurate information on calorie content of foods? I haven’t got into gear on the fast diet yet but have started cutting out carbs and reducing portion sizes. My wife is not convinced of the benefits of rapid weight loss as she prefers the low GI type diet. I am thinking of going slightly independent and need to know what is or is not within the acceptable range. For example, I’ve just eaten a three egg omelette with a dash of cheese. Would be handy to work out how many calories it amounted to.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I use calorie king as it gives the full breakdown of nurtition including carbs, I only count carbs. There is also an nhs website that just gives calories which is easy to use. Or the side of the packet, of course. Your eggs would be 80 to 90 cals each depending on the size.

Please log in or register to post a reply.