Calorie amount

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kateb
    on

Hi all

I’m starting the bad on Monday and I’m just working out my weekly planner and I could do with some help please. I am unable to find the calorie intake a few things I’m hoping someone could help me.

Prawns and avocado?
    Roasted veg?
    Also what would the quantity be. Thank-you in advance

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I can help with prawns and avocado. Avocado per half, 144 calories, 7.5 grams of carb and 13.3 grams of fat (by my calculator), I only mention the fat on avocados because it is high as are the calories and should be limited to half per serving and maybe only once or twice a week. Prawns per 100 grams, 66 calories and 1 gram of carb, fat negligible.

The roasted veg very much depends on what you have, i.e. red pepper, one medium 4 cals, 7.2 grams carbs. Pick your veg and the amount and put it into a calculator, myfitness pal, myfatsecret, sparkpeople etc, there a lots online if you Google it. The calc for the raw veg will change very little when you roast it but then you must count any oils you use. If you use pre-roasted veg then you will have to go by the packet.

As with all things on a diet it is worth working out what you are going to eat before you eat it and then decide how much is reasonable and what are your calories and carbs in total for the day. Sounds complicated but you get used to it and can keep a log of foods you eat over again. If you are unsure, as I was, follow a menu plan like the one in the book. Do you have the book, if not, get it.
    Don’t forget yourself. Weigh AND MEASURE yourself on Monday morning.

Good luck

• posted by Kateb
    on

Hi sunshine-girl

Thank you very much for all your help it’s really helped me. I’ll have to look into the calculator online, I’m sure that will help me. Yes I’ve got the book and am using the recipes to start of with but am slightly fussy so struggling with lunchtime. I’m sure I’ll get there. Fingers crossed.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Kateb, if you are fussy maybe you could decide what you would like to eat, put it in the calculator and if it seems okay, eat it, if not, do a bit of juggling. You don’t have to follow the meal exactly as long as you keep tracking.

Please log in or register to post a reply.