Caffeine issue

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by crabbycams
    on

Hi, yesterday I had two full strength coffees. Usually have decaf. In the evening suffered massive sugar cravings after being free of them for some days, and waned more to eat, but not necessarily hugely hungry, peckish yes. Is this from the caffeine or could it be from the little bit of chocolate sprinkled on the top?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Crabbycams – I drink coffee with cream and it does completely the opposite – so often will have a coffee if I am feeling peckish and the hunger goes away. I don’t drink decaffeinated.

Before BSD I used to make cappuccinos sprinkled with chocolate. The carbs in the milk and chocolate sprinkled on top would set of the carb cravings big time so it was the first thing that had to go when I started BSD.

• posted by Nabs
    on

Hiya crabbycams. I drink coffee with some low cal almond milk. Almond Breeze usually is my top choice witch only 30 cal per 8 oz cup.

• posted by crabbycams
    on

Thanks everyone for the coffee advice. I think I might try a decaf this week, without the chocolate on top and see how that works for me. The milk does help to stave off the hunger pangs and I don’t get much calcium as I’m not a huge fan of yoghurt and have little milk in anything else. I also use goat milk at home.

Please log in or register to post a reply.