Bullet proof coffee

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gasman
    on

Hi just registered. My friend keeps talking about bullet proof coffee which is coffee with butter and coconut oil.
    He say it’s helped him loose weight and gives him loads of energy, Had any else tried this and how many cals would it be

• posted by Nabs
    on

Hi there. My brother and cousin were just talking about Bulletproof Coffee yesterday and they love it. 🙂
    Apparently there are quite a few variations, so calories really depend on how you make yours.

The way they did it was by blending freshly brewed coffee, grass-fed butter, and a little coconut oil together (in a blender to make the fats emulsify). I just ran a calorie check on MyFitnessPal for a recipe containing those ingredients:

1 Tablespoon-aka 14g of butter (100 calories)+ 1 Tablespoon-aka 14g Coconut oil (120 calories)+ Black Coffee (0 calories)= 220 Calories Total.

Now, if you add more or less, you gotta recalculate naturally. Also, they mentioned that they planned to add honey into their next batch, which would certainly up the calories.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I make a version using Clotted cream instead of the butter, absolutely love it. I haven’t tried it with the butter yet. It certainly doesn’t need honey though!

• posted by Nabs
    on

MixnMatch, that sounds delicious as well. I think the honey was just a spin on it. Original Bulletproof Coffee, as best I know, should not contain carbs and is meant to be mainly fats and caffeine.

Please log in or register to post a reply.