BSD Mediterranean Style meal plan question

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Boog23
    on

Hello everyone:

I’ve just registered on the BSD site and am anxious to get started. However, I am in the U.S. and do not yet have access to the book. I have ordered it, but won’t have it in hand until 22 March. I wanted to ask if someone would mind posting a brief outline of the meal plan-what I mean is something like: Breakfast: X amount protein, X fruit, and so on. I just need a basic idea about this to get started while waiting on the book.

For now, best of luck to everyone and thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff (Boog23)

• posted by auntylil
    on

If you can search for the UK newspaper ‘Daily Mail’ – they ran a series of articles with some meal plans by Dr Mosley – here’s one –

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3407500/Eat-beat-diabetes-week-week-watch-weight-fall-Dr-Michael-Mosley-explains-changes-experience-follow-800-calorie-diet.html

which I expect you can cut and paste into your browser address box. I think were about three or four others you can look for. The meal plans have nice appetizing photographs. I googled Dr Michael Mosley Daily Mail and it came up. All the best to you – it will work.

• posted by Boog23
    on

‘auntylil’: Thank you so much! Heading to search now.

edit: Your link and search suggestion are perfect. Just what I was looking for!

cheers.

• posted by healthenigma
    on

Here I am describing all about Mediterranean Diet Plan.

Mediterranean Diet Plan accentuates eating foods like:

>>Fish
    >>Vegetables
    >>High-fibre Bread
    >>Whole Grains
    >>Nuts and Olive Oil
    >>Cheese
    >>Meats and Sweets

These foods are the rich source of monounsaturated fats, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids.

Along with these, all you must follow the below given also.

–Eat Fish like salmon, tuna, lake trouts and herring at least 2 times a week.
    –Eat a moderate amount of poultry and eggs weekly.
    –Limit the Intake of Red Meat to only a few days in a month
    –Limit the sweet dish to only a few times of the week.

>>Mediterranean Diet also includes Red Wine with 1 glass every day for women and 2 glasses for men.

If you need to know more you may visit: http://www.healthenigma.com/mediterranean-diet

• posted by Boog23
    on

Thank you healthenigma, this is very helpful!

Please log in or register to post a reply.