BSD and the 800 Fast books…..?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cherrytulip
    on

Hello
    Being a bit overweight I’ve just bought the Fast 800 book and have since come across the Blood Sugar Diet book, which also promotes the 800 calorie plan. Can anyone please tell me if these two diets are the same or similar? Both books look really interesting and hopefully will set me on the path to a healthier way of living.

Also, whilst I have plenty of recipes for the Fast 800 diet, does anyone here know of a Menu Planner showing ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. This would be especially good if it contained coloured images as visual aids i think are more stimulating when it comes to diet food. A Menu Planner would also save a lot of time having to compile such a list myself from the recipe book.
    Thanks for any help or pointers.

• posted by qpp
    on

I got both books, but the other way round. The Fast 800 book (the most recent) introduces some new concepts such as ‘Time Restricted Eating’, where you eat all food in a day during a 12 hour period. It also introduces versions of the diet which are less painful and more gradual than the 800 carbs a day for 8 weeks in the Blood Sugar Diet.
    But the basic principles are the same – avoid refined carbs such as potatoes, white bread, white rice, white pasta, etc.
    At least that’s my take! I hope your diet is going well.

• posted by Cherrytulip
    on

qpp, many thanks for the info, very helpful. From what you say it seems I won’t have to buy the BSD book as well then.

I’m still after meal plans to save having to select individual recipes and writing it all down, but there doesn’t seem to be much available for this particular diet, either on the Internet or in book form. On my last diet I compiled my own plans and it worked extremely well, but was so time consuming.

I haven’t yet started the diet, my start date will be the first Monday in February. Before beginning any diet, I like to research and plan ahead and this Fast 800 diet seems to be exactly what is needed right now.

Thanks again, I hope your diet is progressing well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.