BS800 student – started Monday 6 June

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by avasmum
    on

Hi all,

I know there’s a lot of posts on here but I wanted to lay down my numbers and add comments to my own post.
    If you’re reading this, thank you. If you reply to my questions – thank you in advance, I really appreciate it!!

Start date: Monday 6 June
    Weight: 84.3
    Waist: 106cm
    BS800: Yes
    Steps: 6183

Tuesday 7 June
    Weight: 83.2
    Steps: 776

Wednesday 8 June *Skipped breakfast & lunch, ate at night
    Weight: 83
    Steps: 11287

Thursday 9 June
    Weight: 83
    BS800: Yes*
    Steps: 5527

Friday 10 June
    Weight: 82.3
    Steps: 2669

Saturday 11 June
    Weight: 82.4
    Steps: 8519

Sunday 12 June
    Weight: 82.2
    BS800: No – about 1100cals
    Steps: 11613

Monday 13 June
    Weight: 82.7
    Steps: 2668

Tuesday 14 June
    BS800: No – about 1000 cals
    Steps: 3370

Wednesday 15 June
    BS800: No – about 1000 cals
    Steps: 11295

Weigh in today: Thursday 16 June
    Waist: 104cm

As you can see, I lost weight semi-quickly.
    But since last Friday I have stopped at a 2kg loss.

The BS800 where I put an * means I kept to the diet but only realized on Sunday that I had been having sugar free ice blocks but they had MALTODEXTRIN (CORN) so I am wondering if that caused my body to stop losing weight?

I have done a soft restart and gone back to being super strict. I have a meal planner and I write out what I will have and cross it out throughout the day.

This is what I ideally eat:
    pre-breakfast: lemon and warm water & probiotic
    breakfast: Greek yoghurt & blueberries & walnuts – 200 cals
    lunch: SlimFast chocolate shake – 190 cals
    dinner: differs but no sugar, no carbs and no more than 400 cals. This is where I make sure I eat vegs or low sugar fruits to help with going to bathroom.
    liquids: tea, min 3 litres of water

Has anyone else had a similar experience and can help shed some light?

My plan right now is to keep to 800 a day, and aim to get to 7000 steps a day. Then change it up from there.

I guess I am worried that I won’t lose more than the 2kg I have shifted already….

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi avasmum,

I’m no expert but have you checked the carb content of the meal replacement shake? I understand that some can be quite high in hidden sugars?

Also speed of weight loss can be slower if you have less to lose? Just a thought!

• posted by avasmum
    on

Thanks Imogen.

The below info is the nutrients and the ingredients:

Calories 180 Calories from Fat 80
    Total Fat 9g 14% Saturated Fat 1.5g 8% Trans Fat 0g – Cholesterol 15mg 5% Sodium 260mg 11% Potassium 550mg 16% Total Carbohydrate 4g 1% Dietary Fiber 2g 8% Sugars 2g – Sugar Alcohol 0g – Other Carbohydrate 0g – Protein 20g 40%

Water, Calcium Caseinate, Milk Protein Concentrate, Canola Oil, Cocoa (processed With Alkali),potassium Phosphate, Cellulose Gel, Mono And Diglycerides, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Potassium Citrate, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Sucralose (a Nonnutritive Sweetener), Carrageenan, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid. Magnesium Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, Calcium Phosphate, Vitamin E Acetate, Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Orthophosphate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Phytonadione (vitamin K1), Sodium Selenite, Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3). Sweetened With A Nonnutritive Sweetener. Contains Milk And Soy.

I have several bottles of the stuff to go through but if you think (or anyone else) this is no good – please let me know and I will ditch them and find an alternative.
    I was only going to be on them for another 2 weeks.

And I do have a lot to lose – 15kg is my target.

Please log in or register to post a reply.