Breakfast Help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by NicoleDeCaux
    on

What recipes include yoghurt? Need quick and simple. Thanks!!

• posted by Verano
    on

Simplest is full fat Greek yogurt with berries, strawberries, raspberries or blueberries with maybe 10g of walnuts or flaked almonds or a teaspoon of chia seeds or another seed mixture.

• posted by NicoleDeCaux
    on

Thankyou. How much Greek yogurt and fruit? Not good on portion sizes

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

A small tub of Greek yoghurt is 125g so if you are taking it from a big tub, that is how much you should measure out. Berries are a handful so about 15 or 20 raspberries, 25 blueberries – if you can hold them in the palm of one hand you should be about right.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Nicole, many of us rely on yogurt, berries, some seeds or nuts, for a quick uncooked breakfast.
    Be sure to check the serving size of the berries against fatsecret app or myfitness pal, though, if
    you are counting carbs. I only use 6-8 raspberries, which are 4 net carbs, but are a great source
    of fiber!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

My recommendation is if you haven’t got electronic kitchen scales, purchase some and keep them permanently on your kitchen counter. Then use them to weigh absolutely everything you plan to eat and only eat items that have been weighed and accounted for in your records. This way, you will learn what you can have in your 800 calories a day and what a real potion looks like, because guestimating is not an accurate way to measure your 800 calories and still less so for the carbs.

Once you get a handle on it, this way of eating is not as complicated as it might at first appear and it is relatively easy to adapt family meals to accommodate you requirements. Certainly in the early days, keep it simple.

Keep using this great resource and keep us posted on progress – best of luck to you.

• posted by Squidge
    on

I’ve been having a chopped apple or pear, a teaspoon each of chai seeds, milled flax seed and pumpkin seeds, topped with full fat natural yoghurt. It’s really filling.

• posted by Oddj0b
    on

I have to say the advice about measuring everything is really valuable. As advised we keep our scales not eh counter and everything gets weighed everyday. I go for 100 g Onken yoghurt, 50g blackberries or blueberries and 10g of seeds of some description, currently on chia but prefer mixed. Fortunately there is only me and my wife and we are both doing the diet so it isn’t too complicated. good luck

Please log in or register to post a reply.